Founder at Executive Selection India
Views:764 Applications:117 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Plant Production Manager (7-15 yrs)
Education: B.E. / B. Tech. (Mandatory)
Experience: 7+ years
Salary: 25 Lacs pa
Location: Lakhtar, Gujarat
Language: Gujarati (Mandatory)
1. As Production Manager, the jobholder reports to the Site/Plant Head. This position is key for the Site to achieve its safety, quality, DIFOT/OTIF, and financial objectives.
2. The Production Managers have responsibility for the steady and reliable manufacturing process to produce products within the Quality specifications and at the lowest cost.
3. They will also have responsibility for continuously improving and leading cost savings initiatives within the production team and working towards Best in Class Group Targets for efficiencies, labor, manning quality, and cost.
4. Providing recommendations to drive the output and efficiencies of the site while maximizing manning efficiencies but training and development and optimization of processes while giving consideration to cost, availability, and quality always working with a proactive safety focus.
5. Overseeing the production process and putting the effective controls and improvements to demonstrate Continuous Improvement (CI).
6. Daily Management of Production Supervisors and staff, empower and engage this group with effective and inspiring leadership.
7. Resolution of personnel issues and disciplinary issues under your control.
8. Development of Production Supervisors / Shift Managers to become effective 1st line managers.
9. Optimized and Maximize performance and production output.
10. Implementing effective training plans including documented training and validation for all staff.
11. Agreeing to the production schedules and optimize these in order to maintain and maximize production at a reduced cost. Target 100% OTIF internally and externally.
12. Ensuring that the production is cost-effective and demonstrate continuous improvement in costs.
13. Making sure that all products are produced on time and are of the requisite quality.
14. Put in place systems that maintain and improve quality and show effective control of products and deliver on improvements as part of must-win battles.
15. Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs across the production team.
16. Monitoring process performance against standards and taking necessary corrective actions to protect customers at all times.
17. Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
18. Formulation of annual budgets for production
19. Identifying & implementing improvement initiatives and projects in quality, cost, delivery, and health and safety and deliver against these.
20. Calculation of labor and material resources needed and report on efficiencies;
21. Estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
22. Responsibility for the selection, use, and maintenance of equipment;
23. Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
24. Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
25. Ensuring that all legislative health and safety and internal guidelines are followed;
26. Ensuring housekeeping standards are set and maintained in line with an ethos of 5S, showing real progress by control methods and recording these visually along the journey.
27. Put in place an effective WCM system which can demonstrate improvements in Quality, Cost Delivery, and Health and Safety but also show improvements in all production areas in the spirit of WCM encompassing (5S, SMED, Lean, and CI)
28. Effective monitoring of direct reports by implementing Balance Score Card to hold each shift accountable.
29. Reviewing worker and supervisory performance and identifying training needs / Coaching and development. Where necessary taking other formal actions when necessary.
30. Actively participate in the site management team and being part of the Duty Manager rota
31. Provide Monthly report on main Site KPIs and requirements.
32. Conduct monthly coaching sessions with direct reports.
33. Effective Management of report. Develop Shift Managers to have the ability to deal with 1st level discipline and complaints.
34. The scheduling of all site production departments timely and efficiently to meet customer demand.
35. Develop and monitor schedules daily and liaison with the Production planner to optimize and prioritize production plans as per Customer Requirement.
36. Monitor and evaluate capacity requirements with timely communication of potential issues.
37. Ensure adherence to Effective Maintenance Planning, preventive (SEFs & WP)
38. Co-ordinate maintenance engineers efforts to make sure machinery/equipment is kept up to reliability and condition standards
39. Identify areas for improvement and assign resources /time to address
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.