Manager at Naukri.com
Views:718 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Plant Manager - Manufacturing (15-25 yrs)
MAIN PURPOSE :
- Lead the factory and team to meet the Supply Chain commitment in the most competitive manner in terms of cost, Quality, productivity and delivery by:
- Ensuring all product quality customer service and plant cost targets are met.
- Ensuring all assets (fleet and plant) are maintained to meet supply chain demands.
- Ensuring all regulatory/local government /local union policies are met.
- To deliver Annual Operating Plan (Product Availability, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Safety & Sustainability and Morale) and Profit Improvement Plan for the Plant.
- Lead the Plant Team and implement best practice tools (M&W / TPM / ISO / ODS / I2 / DW) in alignment with the MU / BU Strategic Priorities and drive operational excellence processes by coaching and guiding the Plant team, such that the desired process improvements towards world-class performance are continually achieved and sustained.
- Ensure adequate wiring and connect with the local stakeholders and compliance to the regulatory/local government / local union policies and applicable statutory requirements.
Business Agenda :
- Environment Management / Statutory Compliance
- Ensure good relations with and project a positive image in the environment through the CSR - PWP Platform.
- Ensure that all Regulatory and Statutory requirements are complied with. In case of any actual/potential non-compliance escalates the matter to and be guided by the BU Legal Team.
- Ensure Service Levels to the Market - ensure that manufacturing/warehousing and the primary logistics activities are carried out in a safe environment and as per company quality/hygiene standards to optimally meet Sales / Supply chain requirements (I2 SCP-PP compliance).
- Ensure material availability - items are purchased from BU approved vendors at approved prices; Both Local and BU approved procurement should comply with the P2P process.
- Upgrade the production capability of the factory - in line with the Strat Plan and AOP to handle higher complexity in a highly dynamic external environment (Pack mix / Volumes)
- Integrated Quality & Food Safety
- Ensure compliance to the PI / BU Guidelines and standards on Quality and Food Safety in
Manufacturing function / processes :
- Drive quality through demonstrated values & behaviour and institutionalised management system review processes. Ensure that the Plant performance remains OOR in Food Safety and always meets the minimum mandates (GQA + AIB)
- Implement 3 D Quality Reporting and Improvement monitoring systems.
- Safety & Sustainability
- Champion the deployment of company Safety and Sustainability standards through demonstrated values & behaviour and institutionalised management system review processes.
- Ensure continuous improvement in safety and sustainability KPIs in line with the BU / MU Priorities towards world-class - Manufacturing linked KPI - LTIR / Water usage / FO Usage / Bev Power
Asset Care :
- Champion an overall asset effectiveness program A. ensures proper maintenance of plant utilities,plant equipment, civil and other plant assets. B. Corrective Maintenance / Upgrade to higher levels of productivity & reliability;
- Project Management of all Site-Based / Led Projects.
- Drive the cost review process to ensure tight control on cost and deliver on plan performance for Manufacturing C2C / Case (VMOH + FMOH); DMC (% Yields, Usage Variance); Utility KPIs
- Benchmark with best in class and drive the cost productivity/value optimization agenda and the annual Profit Improvement Plan for the Plant.
- Optimize Line Productivity - for the Plant Manufacturing Lines
- Total Plant Productivity - Ensure manning to the template to optimize Total Plant Productivity
- Direct Material Cost Usage Variance - Cost optimization on raw materials, packaging by reducing wastages
- VMOH Usage Variance - Cost optimization on Utilities / C&C / Overtime / Variable Labor
- Core Business Processes
- Ensure compliance to the Plant Standard Operating Procedures and Business Controls Environment for the Plant Processes.
- Ensure data integrity and reporting timeliness of M&W KPMs / measure up data
- Lead the M&W and TPM Journey of the Plant
- Identify recurring problems at the plant for improvement - specifically lead continuous improvement projects at the shop floor by leading the focused improvement pillar of the TPM journey.
People Agenda :
- Work Environment - Create an inclusive and cherishing work environment through:
- Diversity Hiring - Identify opportunity through process and work mapping & implement actions
- Occupational Health Survey - Identify opportunities to improve OHS Score and implement actions
- Work-Life Balance - Champion work life balance through demonstrated values & behaviour
- Health & Wellness - Sponsor the Health & Wellness agenda at the Plant
- Employee Relations - Maintain harmonious and productive ER with Associates on the shop floor
- Talent Development
- Carry out people resource planning and secure manning approval in AOP process
- Hire / Fire Frontline Performers (associates) & L1-L5 executives to AOP sanctioned numbers
- Drive plant level People Planning Process - Identify high performers and provide them a challenging work environment so as to retain them
- Champion the skill & capability building process to ensure adequate pool of trained and competent person to man the plant operations and adequate bench strength through multi skilling.
- Drive Core HR Processes Execution at the Plant - PMP / CDAP / People Planning
- Engagement & Commitment (Manager Quality)
- Drive Structured Communications at Plant level: a. Half Yearly for Associates b. Quarterly for E+
c. Skip meeting with at least 25% of E+ every quarter.
- Sponsor the Rewards & Recognition Program at the Plant - a. as a part of the BU AHA - Standards of Excellence and b. Kaizens & OPLs through the GroundSwell @ Innovations program
- Execute the org health action plan
JOB DIMENSION :
- Number of people who report directly or indirectly: 6 DRs typically; Indirectly - Associates; Temps and NPCI in season months
- Complex portfolio - CSD GRB, CSD SS PET, CSD MS PET, Packaged Drinking Water (AF)
Experience and Qualification :
- Graduate/PostGraduate Engineer (Mechanical or Chemical) with 8/10 years of experience in a manufacturing set up
- Headed a plant independently for a minimum 2 years
- Exposure, preferably to products and processes, Packaging equipment- s, Finishing lines would be an additional advantage
- The candidate should be adept in handling the complexity of the heavy engineering industry with manufacturing strategy development and Quality Assurance systems
Skills and Behavioral Attributes :
- Excellent team management / Leadership skills
- Excellent/Tactful communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- High level of confidence & ability to carry himself
- Strong focus on delivery and results with high drive and energy levels