Plant Manager - Bakery Production (5-13 yrs)
MINIMUM TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Diploma/Degree in Food Engineering / Food Technology preferably in the bakery or cereal industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience in a Plant Bakery Production Environment.
- Solid understanding of HACCP and Food safety standards (ISO, BRC, SQMS, YUM) and procedures.
- People management, problem-solving ability, hands-on leadership and high work standards are of prime importance.
Key Behavioral Competencies
1. Results Orientation.
- Focused on improving business results through introduction of incremental improvements in business practices; defines key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs, risks and benefits for the organization; emphasizes accountability and a sense of urgency.
2. Change Leadership.
Encourages associates to identify improvement opportunities; sets realistic challenges for the team; influences others, internally and externally, to drive change efforts; encourages collaboration and innovation.
3. Learning and Adopting Best Practices.
Able to learn new approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best practices, and apply them to their business; desire to learn (intellectual curiosity), creates a culture of continuous improvement and growth.
4. Strategic Thinking with Business Insight.
Ability to understand the company's competitive context; strong analytical and conceptual abilities to develop his/her own plan within the general company strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
5. People Oriented Leadership.
Focused on optimizing, developing, and improving work teams by achieving a balance between the productive and the humane, inspiring others to be better; increasing their productive performance and ensuring their personal development; operates in a team based environment empowering the team and delegates responsibilities, ensuring ownership of decisions and promoting individual accountability