HR Consultant at Global Search
Views:763 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Plant Manager - Auto Components (15-30 yrs)
We have an opening for a Plant Manager for Sanand (Ahmedabad) location. The Plant Manager would be reporting to the Operations Director and will have an operations team reporting to this position.
Our client is a a manufacturer of premium products for Auto components with a significant market share in India, serving most of the known automotive brands in the country. With top-class facilities in several locations and a headcount of approximately 2,000, takes pride in its commitment to innovation, sustainable growth, and nurturing a joyful work environment.
The company was taken over by successful German financial investor and now wants company to seize the opportunity to utilise its full potential and realise true organisational change so it can forge ahead as a world-class supplier.
The company offers an equal opportunity workplace grounded in company values and driven by a vision for future company growth.
General Duties and Job Responsibilities
Management of plant operations with a focus on:
- KPI's (e.g. plant profitability, max. productivity, zero defect quality, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Introduce and fully utilise modern LEAN concepts
- Rationalise and optimise utilisation of all resources
- Build and sustain "excellence in manufacturing"
- Strong organisation building across the team (incl. permanent and contract workmen)
- Create a "learning" organisation (incl. white and blue collar employees)
- Establish a distinct culture aligned with the company values, vision and goals
- Develop knowledge, skill and passion across the team
- Connect mind and heart
- Balance management and leadership
Education and Experience
- B.E / B. Tech (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical or Production Engineering from reputed Institute/University
- Min. 15 years of professional experience
- Track record of handling automotive manufacturing operations (having worked with MNCs would be an added plus)
- Exposure of handling new product launches with speedy ramp up
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Languages (min. requirement): Fluency in Gujarati, English and Hindi
- Strong leadership qualities
- Hands-on implementer (with theory knowledge)
- Sound knowledge on LEAN methods, MUDA (waste) reduction, Kaizen, productivity improvement methodologies, Shop floor Management, etc.
- Ability to link improvement measures to P&L/cash impact
- Ability to design and deliver training workshops
- Conceptual knowledge on how to anchor positive changes in the organisation to make them sustainable; change management (incl. soft skills)
- Sound experience in process and manufacturing industry
- Reports to Operations Director and will have operations team reporting to this position
- Close cooperation with the top management
We are only a phone call away if you wish to have more information prior to sending your documents.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.