Founder/CEO at PKS & Associates
Views:272 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Plant Head - Rubber/Tyre Industry (15-20 yrs)
Plant Head - Rubber/ Tyre Industry @ Dehradun, India
Our client is a rubber manufacturer catering to tyre industry and they would like to fill-up following position asap. Ideal candidate would be someone from Rubber/ Tyre industry at Plant Head/ GM position currently.
Position : Plant Head - Rubber/ Tyre Industry
Location : Dehradun
Education : B.Sc / M.Sc / B.Tech
Experience : 15-20 years
Compensation : Commensurate with education and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
- Candidate should have 15-20 years experience in the rubber/ tyre industry with GM post as last assignment. Fluent in Hindi and English and in Quality, TPM, Productivity, Commercial Operations etc.
- Will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers expectations. Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards. Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping. We are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- The Plant Head will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. They will develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping. Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results. Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions. Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff. Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime. Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets. Address employees issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements. Influence and learn from below. Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Candidate should have proven work experience as a Plant Manager/ GM with rubber/ tyre industry. Proven managerial experience.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles ( budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources ).
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise. Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes. Computer literacy. Ability to create accountability and to lead by example. Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills. Should have a B.Sc / Msc / B.Tech degree and be in the age-group of 45-50 years.