Associate Delivery Leader at Randstad India
Views:3043 Applications:489 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:481
Plant Head/Operations Head - Chemical Process (10-20 yrs)
Plant Head- (GM Level)
We have an urgent requirement with one of the well known company specialized in distribution of battery additives and components Like Carbon Black, etc.
Position Title : Site General Manager
Department : Manufacturing
- Mission Plan and direct manufacturing plants toward the common goal of satisfying our worldwide customers.
- Integrate diverse operations and personalities, respond to pressures from Sales, R&D, Corporate and to do so in a way that the company can make money.
- As part of the top management team participate in the senior level decision - making process.
- The key task is to get manufacturing processes under statistical control to allow to regain market share or to continue market share growth.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Quality :
- Separators suffer from inconsistent quality which in part is due to the high level of process complexity.
- To master the process is vital to meet the customer needs for a consistently high-quality product.
- The implementation of Statistical Process Control (SPC) is the vital part of achieving product quality consistency.
- All significant production steps must be brought under statistical control by providing machine and process capability. The introduction of SPC for continuous further improvement must be done as a first priority.
- Quality systems need to be harmonized. All plants must be certified in accordance with latest versions of ISO9001 & ISO14001.
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs), measuring units, measuring instruments, vendor approval, etc. need to be harmonized
2. Process Improvement :
- Process engineers' work is vital to success of our aim to bring the process under statistical control.
- This work must be used effectively to avoid duplication of efforts among all plants and the ensure fast implementation of progress.
- The Site General Manager will, therefore, ensure that the capability of our people and the methodology used to practice and effective teamwork are such that we can perform these tasks effectively.
3. Manufacturing Efficiency :
- They are equipped to potentially be the lowest cost polyethylene separator producer. To compare plants against each other we need to establish benchmarks.
- It is, therefore, the responsibility of the Site General Manager to work out according a common production performance report similar for all battery separators plants to allow us to better understand the strengths and weaknesses in all plants. The results have then to be used to build on the strengths and initiate projects to eliminate wastes & weaknesses.
4. Investments :
- The Site General Manager will make annual forecast of miscellaneous and RCA capital requirement to maintain the facilities and equipment, for process improvement, capacity expansion and new product manufacture.
5. Capacity Utilization :
- The capacity must be well balanced to ensure good customer service and to avoid over utilization of one plant while at the same time the other plant is under utilized.
- The service levels will jointly be determined and agreed with the Sales/Marketing organization.
- It is the responsibility of the Site General Manager to ensure conformance with specifications to allow customers to draw products from various of our plants without noticing quality differences.
6. Manufacturing Cost (DMC) :
- Because of the decreasing trend of selling prices a significant reduction of our DMC is vital for our continued competitiveness. Program for the reduction of raw material prices, increased rates per man - hour and yields must be continuous and progress needs to be discussed with the production management twice per year.
7. People :
- A high level of quality of our products, systems and services requires a skilled, trained workforce, competent promotable employees and competitive compensation.
- The Site General Manager is, therefore, responsible to follow a management appraisal system. He will use the services of the divisional human relation experts and strives for one common appraisal system practiced in the product line.
- In the DMC operator area, at least one full - time trainer per plant is to be installed.
- It has to be assured that all management people and at minimum all specialists who participate in teamwork are attending basic training program for quality awareness, problem solving techniques, teamwork methodologies, and team building techniques. For as much as possible the training courses and skills that are available in the divisional human relation departments must be used.
- He will hire the best person at he right place, following the company policy.
- He is responsible of the moral of the people, to create a positive and productive atmosphere.
8. Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) :
- The Site General Manager is responsible for the compliance of his plant with all company and government regulations.
- To accomplish this, he will secure the advice of competent EH&S manager, engineering groups and the insurance group inspectors. He will install and oversee the execution of appropriate programs.
11. Qualification & experience :
- Chemical Engineer