HR at Dansden Consulting
Views:2390 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Plant Head - Automotive (15-30 yrs)
Position: Plant Head (Auto)
Job Location: Belgaum (Karnataka)
Prime Responsibility: Heading all plant operations at a major auto manufacturing plant
Established in the year 1980, The Group was promoted and made a foray into manufacturing of Bus Body Building activities in 1996 and aggregates for over two decades.
The group manufactures Staff Buses, School Buses, Executive Buses, Luxury Buses, and Special Purpose Applications like Ambulances, Delivery Vans, Defense/Army Vehicles and other Custom Designed Vehicles With regard to tastes and comfort, safety, durability, styling and reliability.
The Groups commitment on meeting On-time Delivery, Passenger Safety and focus on Quality through cutting-edge technology is recognized by leading OEMs, Dealers, Fleet Operators, Institutions, Schools, Colleges, NGOs etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Being responsible and accountable for entire Plant Operations (Handle all the operations like production planning, raw material planning, production, quality, stores, customer communication etc. independently.)
- To develop and implement short- and long-term plans to ensure that the Plant has the necessary resources to meet business objectives and to participate in annual business planning and budgeting of the plant.
- Overseeing all operational areas like - Assembly, Fabrication, QC/QA etc.
- Managing the entire budget for the plant facility.
- Meet budgeted works commitment at uniform and planned rate.
- Commissioning of new projects/products.
- Provide leadership support to all other functional areas like Materials, HR/Admin, Finance etc.
- Ensure 100% compliance to all statutory requirements
- Heading other support functions helping manufacturing sites like plant HR, plant finance etc.
- Ensure reductions in scrap cost, in- process wastage cost, maintenance cost, Energy cost, etc
- To work with the Plant Purchase team for ensuring most cost effective purchase of raw materials
- To regularly monitor the Plant MIS for tracking the cost
- Plant Administration and Management:
- To identify and prioritize tasks and activities involved in the day to day operations of the plant
- To ensure effective coordination of the various departments in the Plant to ensure synergies that will positively impact the Plant
- To ensure adherence to safety, environment and health standards of EMS/ OHSAS and regularly monitor the same
- To conduct the Safety Week in the Plant in line with the Safety Policy of the organization
- Oversee quality testing of all incoming raw materials, in-process product and of finished product with regards to defined parameters and provide support in case of any discrepancies/ issues
- To ensure adherence to quality standards like ISO 14001, TS 16040, etc
Minimum 15 years of experience in core manufacturing/production roles
Experience in the Automobile/Spare Parts space is a mandate
Should have a BE/B.Tech. (Mechanical preferable). Additional Master's Degree in Engineering/Sciences/Management is a plus.
Excellent technical skills and the ability to lead large teams - thereby driving business results needed. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.