Senior Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:2117 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Plant Financial Controller - Chemicals Firm (15-23 yrs)
Plant Financial Controller - Female - Charted Accountant - Indore (MP)
- Responsible for all accounting, budgeting, financial controls, and costs for an entity or organization.
- Works with the Business Unit/Line of Business/Functional Controller to apply consistent accounting practices at the operations level.
- Participates in the leadership team for the operation.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manages all accounting practices for the entity; conducts the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast processes.
- Works with the business unit/line of business/functional controller to apply consistent accounting practices.
- Participates in the business as a member of the leadership team.
- Ensures processes are efficient and that the product/operation maintains cost-effectiveness.
- Partners with business leaders to provide input into the development of business strategies.
- Leads finance communications across the operation.
- Manages the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process, including general ledger and subsidiary financial ledgers.
- Maintains a strong control environment across the key business cycles, including account reconciliations and systems implementations.
- Provides appropriate resources for internal and external financial and process audits.
- Implements recommended changes to accounting practices.
- Coordinates financial modeling of quotation packages.
- Develops and presents reports and analyses to the business leader.
- Leads efforts to comply with any governmental or regulatory organization financial requirements.
- Provides business support, in terms of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control,shipping/receiving and payroll.
- Forecasts logistics costs and inventory; provides leadership to business to meet logistics and working capital targets.
- Leads financial analysis on capital projects and overall capital management process at the entity level.
- Coaches and mentors all entity finance staff; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
Qualifications and Competencies :
Financial Regulations Acumen :
- Evaluates applicable regulations for the financial area of focus, such as tax, banking, pension, local accounting to ensure underlying transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable regulations; explains key requirements and purpose of regulations and implications to the business to inform and educate relevant stakeholders.
Business Partnering :
- Collaborates with stakeholders and develops partnerships to drive performance that aligns to organizational goals and strategies; influences the organization by demonstrating knowledge of the business to provide guidance to support the decision making process and guiding the business towards positive results and organizational alignment; evaluates business environment using measures to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities.
Financial Planning and Forecasting :
- Utilizes financial forecast data to provide forward looking projections to facilitate decision making; partners with stakeholders to analyze trends and validate assumptions to provide a forecast that aligns to the organization's goals and strategies.
Financial Analysis :
- Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
Ensures accountability :
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Business insight :
- Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
Communicates effectively :
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Manages conflict :
- Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Develops talent :
- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
Directs work :
- Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Plans and aligns :
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Situational adaptability :
- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Significant experience required, including managerial and budgetary experience in a small operations manufacturing or distribution center environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.