Senior Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:1553 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Plant Financial Controller - Chemicals Firm (15-23 yrs)
Plant Financial Controller - Female - Charted Accountant - Indore (MP)
- Responsible for all accounting, budgeting, financial controls, and costs for an entity or organization.
- Works with the Business Unit/Line of Business/Functional Controller to apply consistent accounting practices at the operations level.
- Participates in the leadership team for the operation.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manages all accounting practices for the entity; conducts the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and forecast processes.
- Works with the business unit/line of business/functional controller to apply consistent accounting practices.
- Participates in the business as a member of the leadership team.
- Ensures processes are efficient and that the product/operation maintains cost-effectiveness.
- Partners with business leaders to provide input into the development of business strategies.
- Leads finance communications across the operation.
- Manages the monthly and quarterly financial reporting process, including general ledger and subsidiary financial ledgers.
- Maintains a strong control environment across the key business cycles, including account reconciliations and systems implementations.
- Provides appropriate resources for internal and external financial and process audits.
- Implements recommended changes to accounting practices.
- Coordinates financial modeling of quotation packages.
- Develops and presents reports and analyses to the business leader.
- Leads efforts to comply with any governmental or regulatory organization financial requirements.
- Provides business support, in terms of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control,shipping/receiving and payroll.
- Forecasts logistics costs and inventory; provides leadership to business to meet logistics and working capital targets.
- Leads financial analysis on capital projects and overall capital management process at the entity level.
- Coaches and mentors all entity finance staff; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
Qualifications and Competencies :
Financial Regulations Acumen :
- Evaluates applicable regulations for the financial area of focus, such as tax, banking, pension, local accounting to ensure underlying transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable regulations; explains key requirements and purpose of regulations and implications to the business to inform and educate relevant stakeholders.
Business Partnering :
- Collaborates with stakeholders and develops partnerships to drive performance that aligns to organizational goals and strategies; influences the organization by demonstrating knowledge of the business to provide guidance to support the decision making process and guiding the business towards positive results and organizational alignment; evaluates business environment using measures to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities.
Financial Planning and Forecasting :
- Utilizes financial forecast data to provide forward looking projections to facilitate decision making; partners with stakeholders to analyze trends and validate assumptions to provide a forecast that aligns to the organization's goals and strategies.
Financial Analysis :
- Interprets financial data by analyzing trends, variances, opportunities and risks to provide insight to stakeholders regarding financial impact to drive business improvement; evaluates financial results against targets to communicate conclusions to all stakeholders; ensures integrity of financial data by investigating variances and determining corrective actions to resolve identified issues.
Ensures accountability :
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Business insight :
- Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
Communicates effectively :
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Manages conflict :
- Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
Develops talent :
- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
Directs work :
- Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Plans and aligns :
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Situational adaptability :
- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Significant experience required, including managerial and budgetary experience in a small operations manufacturing or distribution center environment.