Senior Consultant at Right Resource
Views:167 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Plant Finance Controller - Chemicals/Pharma/Textile/Retail (12-25 yrs)
Role Details :
Role : Senior Manager
Department : Finance & Accounts
Designation : Senior Manager
Location : Thirupur
Experience : 10-15 years of experience in Finance Manufacturing Set up.
Role Summary :
Work on the accounting, inventory + other factory controls, audit, and financial reporting functions
- Business partnering the Plant Manager on all aspects of factory finance, including inventory, payables, managing system controls related to goods movement, ROI on new initiatives and optimization projects,
- Inventory accounting includes system control, physical count and movement of the same to various job workers and back. Driving teams to ensure regular confirmations from job workers
- Monthly reporting on inventory and inventory performance of the plant.
- Vendor Payables process including getting funds from Corporate and allocating to the various vendors post discussion with the supply chain team. Driving the team to ensure vendor balances are cleared up for old issues through regular confirmations, compliance to MSME provisions.
- Support plant on all the factory financial compliances. Highlight any significant issues to corporate on any challenges or possible noncompliance
- Work with Plant IT to ensure seamless movement of the finance processes.
- Helping the plant team to negotiate with vendors to get the optimum possible prices and terms.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure vendor and job worker reconciliation for material and liabilities are sorted
- Working with the Supplier quality team to ensure optimum consumption of materials at outsourced vendors and identify and plug leakages in cost.
- Support all the statutory audit requirements related to plant finance and ensure clearance of the same
- Support Internal Audit and the requirements related to audit of the various activities of the plant.
- Understanding of GST compliance across the various states, monthly submissions and annual audits
- Profile analysis of the outstanding credits and assess for the potential loss of credits if any.
- Closure of old VAT assessments across the states.
- Hands on experience in SAP Preferred
- Should have at least managed 8 to 10 people in a plant setup in finance and should have experience working with the cross functional team.