PhonePe - State Head - Mass Offline - ISB/IIM/XLRI/SP Jain/MDI/FMS (3-5 yrs)
State Head - Mass Offline - ISB/IIM/XLRI/SP Jain/MDI/FMS
About Us: Phonepe is the leader in the UPI based payments in India with a market share of more than 40%. Our goal is to make payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. PhonePe went live in 2016 and crossed 5 bn transactions on its platform in 2019. In 2020, PhonePe forayed into diverse areas with the launch of insurance and super funds. Today
we have a customer base of 260+ mm users and 16 mm merchants live on our platform.
Job Objective: Mass offline team focuses on driving PhonePe acceptance at offline merchants across urban and rural markets across the country. ASM is responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with the Merchants, DSAs and sales executives.
The role also requires developing a keen and sharp understanding of local merchant/customer's needs and hence, driving PhonePe transactions based on both brand positioning and local requirements. The incumbent will be responsible to set up and drive the team to achieve the acquisition & quality targets.
Reporting Matrix: The role will report to the State Head and will have 8-10 Territory Sales Managers as direct reports and 70-80 business development executives as indirect reports.
- Grow distribution and market share in the assigned area of operations
- Identify, interact and develop DSAs to align and drive business in the market
- Synthesise inputs on local competition from TSM and verify for authenticity across geography. If a local initiative is identified then formulate and launch counter-strategy
- Analyse data and identify improvement areas, corroborate through market visits to identify sweet spots for performance
- Benchmark and compare performance with territory to broad base good practices
- Plan market size, span & geographies for TSM / TL / BDE / FL's
- Should be able to device the best methods for communication of plans/targets to the team so that there is minimum expectation vs delivery gap
- ability to understand formats/data so as to gather right information, viz, in cases when we want them to do surveys and develop insights
- Handle merchant escalations in market & partner with various internal stakeholders to resolve them
- Partner with cross functional teams like Marketing, Sales Capability and HR to ensure appropriate levels of market collaterals, headcount, onboarding experience, etc.
- Implement processes and metrics for tracking progress and setup review mechanisms with all the stakeholders
- Ensure payouts to and from DSA are done as per process and timelines including accurate calculations and disbursement.
- Drive hiring of TSM, BDEs & RTLs to ensure 100% manning in the team
- Onboard the new team members and help them assimilate PhonePe ways of working
- Participate in performance appraisal process sharing insights about the team and sharing relevant feedback with team members for their growth & development
- Coach TSMs regularly to allow them to better manage the input and output deliverables of BDEs
- Understand the reasons of exit and take corrective action to reduce attrition
- Drive team level R&R and engagement practices
- Monitor quality parameters like KYC, PFB usage to identify gaps, & initiate corrective action.
- Validate audits conducted by TSMs and evaluate the process followed & inputs shared by TSM
- Monitor performance on compliance parameters to ensure zero deviation
- MBA from Tier 1 campus with good academic record
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in sales and distribution/business development
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage situations on the ground
- Should have managed larger teams on the ground
- Exposure to the start up environment is an added advantage
- Problem solving abilities with strong bias for impact
- Strong ethics and discretion while dealing with customers
- Drive for result, able to demonstrate/quantify success relative established targets and metrics