HR at PhonePe Private Limited
Views:3165 Applications:881 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
PhonePe - State Head - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (6-8 yrs)
About Us:-Phonepe is the leader in the UPI based payments in India with a market share of more than 40%. Our goal is to make payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. PhonePe went live in 2016 and crossed 5 bn transactions on its platform in 2019. In 2020, PhonePe forayed into diverse areas with the launch of insurance and super funds. Today we have a customer base of 260+ mm users and 16 mm merchants live on our platform.
Job Objective:- Mass offline team focuses on driving PhonePe acceptance at offline merchants across urban and rural markets across the country. State Head is responsible for building a strong merchant base and ensuring a strong relationship with them. The role will require keen observation of merchant and customer behaviour, along with available performance data to modify and evolve regional plans and suggest product / process innovations for better service of customer needs. The incumbent will therefore be responsible for setting up team to drive acquisition and quality targets in an efficient manner.
Reporting Matrix:- The role will report to the Regional Head and will have 3-4 Area Sales Managers as direct reports and a team of 25 - 30 Territory Sales Managers and 250-300 business development executives as indirect reports.
- Grow distribution and market share in the assigned area of operations
- Identify, interact, and develop DSAs to align and drive business in the market
- Identify data points available and analyse data to identify improvement areas. This should be corroborated by inputs from team and market visits. Projects should also be initiated locally to test such hypothesis and suggest solutions to improve efficiency.
- Draw up local plans post study of market size of assigned geography, and thereby enable best suited distribution models with right span and spread.
- Analyze local competition to study changes in their local or broader strategy and drive counterstrategies.
- Benchmark and compare performance with territory to broad base good practices
- Should be able to device the best methods for communication of plans/targets to the team so that there is minimum expectation vs delivery gap
- ability to understand formats/data so as to right information, viz, in cases when we want them to do surveys and develop insights
- Handle merchant escalations in market & partner with various internal stakeholders to resolve them
- Handle DSA escalations on processes and timelines including accurate payout calculation and disbursement
- Partner with cross functional teams like Marketing, Sales Capability and HR to ensure process gaps are plugged and team is enabled with appropriate levels of market collaterals, headcount, onboarding experience, sales capability building inputs.
- Implement processes and metrics for tracking progress and setup review mechanisms with all the stakeholders
- Drive hiring of ASM and TSM to ensure 100% manning in the team
- Onboard the new team members and help them assimilate PhonePe ways of working
- Participate in performance appraisal process sharing insights about the team and sharing relevant feedback with team members for their growth & development
- Coach ASMs regularly to allow them to better manage the input and output deliverables of TSMs
- Understand the reasons of exit and take corrective action to reduce attrition
- Drive team level R&R and engagement practices
- Monitor quality parameters like MAM, KYC, PFB usage to identify gaps, & initiate corrective action.
- Monitor performance on compliance parameters to ensure zero deviation
- MBA from Tier 1 campus with good academic record
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in sales and distribution/Retail Sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage situations on the ground
- Should have managed larger teams on the ground
- Exposure to the startup environment is an added advantage
- Problem solving abilities with a strong bias for impact
- Strong ethics and discretion while dealing with customers
- Drive for result, able to demonstrate/quantify success relative established targets and metrics