PhonePe - Senior Manager - Anti Money Laundering (10-16 yrs)
At PhonePe, we are on a mission to make everything you do with your money an easy, fast and secure experience. We are looking for passionate professionals to drive this mission.
The PhonePe Risk Operations team delivers trust and safety. We safeguard our customers, merchants and vendors ensuring our systems and processes reflect this goal. If your dream is to build processes and tools that would impact millions of customers, partnering with some of the best minds and executing on your dreams with purpose and speed, join us!
AML & Sanctions, Compliance Risk position is a cornerstone to safeguarding our platform against Compliance related risks. You will own and manage various compliance policies and processes working with senior leaders to manage the risk across various PhonePe portfolios. You will manage operational controls to reduce risk and achieve regulatory compliance; generate awareness and deliver training to drive engagement and adoption of new policies and key initiatives; and assess controls to ensure they are effectively and measurably reducing risks for PhonePe.
This leader acts as the front line of risk management, embedded in operations and would have the following core responsibilities -
- In charge of managing a team of Investigation specialists who investigate AML and Sanctions alerts for transactions/accounts across various PhonePe products and take appropriate actions based on processes, tools and high-judgment decisions.
- Perform operational deep dives on compliance-related processes and systems
- Identify, gather, track, and report key risk indicators
- Own compliance risk management of PhonePe portfolios across different business and product types
- Partner with PhonePe compliance team to co-own, maintain, and annually update policies, exceptions, and other governance documents, as necessary
- Work with internal stakeholders across the business and risk teams to assess risks and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Understand business processes, regulations, and controls and develop meaningful tests to ensure controls are operating effectively
- Make risk-based decisions and trade-offs impacting strategies and project prioritization
Desired Qualifications and Skills set:
- 10+ years financial services experience, specifically in risk, compliance, or corporate governance
- 6+ years of management of investigators, auditors or similar job function
- Experience working with interdisciplinary programs and collaborating among cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex problems and drive projects
- Experience in developing clear and concise written analysis and communicating conclusions/findings to senior management
- Experience in contributing to governance documentation including frameworks, policies, standards, procedures, or similar materials
- Experience in aggregating and analyzing various types of risks and data with output into a written explanation
- Risk management experience in a complex institution related to banking, insurance or financial services
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, or a related field or job experience equivalent
- 8+ years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles
- Risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance and/or financial services
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and influence business outcomes
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making abilities, to include demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decisions
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to resolve issues
- Ability to communicate, in written form, risk management application and results
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products, SQL