Talent Partner at PhonePe
Views:4482 Applications:258 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
PhonePe - Manager/Senior Manager - Legal - LLB/CS (12-15 yrs)
We are looking for a Legal Manager to add significant value to our business. This position will assist in ensuring that the company operates per land of law & business, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitate business strategies development.
- Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of business to management;
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action, ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically, identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Draft and review contracts and other legal documents for various business lines including fin-tech, lending, payments, mutual funds, insurance, technology, others & lead contract negotiation; (knowledge of relevant guidelines shall be added advantage)
- Communications with relevant counter parties -external counsel, judiciaries;
- Conduct review of legal document, standardise templates & lay out standard operating process.
- Liaison and follow-up with external law firms on legal matters;
- Conduct legal, governance and policy training for business team members;
- Handling litigations;
- Manage IPR (Trademark application, filing opposition, others)
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operation.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Identifying legal issues and risks that may affect the various businesses of Phonepe and ensuring compliances related thereto.
- Provide adequate support to business teams in timely resolution of their business concerns.
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- LL.B (Company Secretaries qualification will be an advantage)
- Minimum 5-7 years of in-house experience in financial services sector with a preference for payments industry. Overall experience can be 12+ yrs
- Have strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written skills in english, capable to draft legal documents;
- Committed, logical thinking and can work under pressure;
- Able to travel occasionally
- Sense of urgency, accountability;
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives, excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, Excellent judgement and analytical skills, good interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to - see around the corner-
Reporting: Dy. General Counsel
Direct Report: 2