PhonePe - Manager - Employee Experience - People Operations Team (6-10 yrs)
PhonePe is the leader in UPI based payments in India. Our goal is to make digital payments so easy, safe, and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. PhonePe started in 2015 and crossed 1 bn transactions on its platform in Nov 2018.
About the People Operations Team:
At PhonePe, the People Operations team is responsible for design, execution, implementation and communication of all processes and practices ranging from entry to exit, for all full-time employees (FTEs) and full-time contractors (FTCs). We care deeply about giving employee experiences that are predictable, standardized, integrated and are in alignment with the organizational values and strategy.
About the Role:
We are constantly striving to design, build and implement solutions that create a world-class employee experience and helps drive our success. We are looking for a Manager - Employee Experience who will collaborate closely with partners to create the PhonePe Employee Journey Map framework & prioritized roadmap.
You are the right fit, if you are passionate about demonstrating employee-centred designs, crafting employee journeys, and helping product development standard methodologies to build world-class, inclusive employee experiences. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt as new priorities come up.
Along the way, you will teach, coach and model how to use user-centred design, iterative experimentation and agile methodologies to create - wow moments for PhonePe candidates, employees and alumni.
Employee is your most important stakeholder at PhonePe. Other stakeholders: -
- People Managers
- HR Business Partners
- HR Operations
- Payroll Operations
- HR Tech
- Rewards & Talent Management
- Internal Communication & Employee Engagement Team
Job Responsibilities :
- Lead an HR cross-functional program crafted to elevate the PhonePe employee experience through diverse strategies that may involve employee centred design, product management, and agile methodologies.
- Define, map out and evangelize PhonePe's Employee Journey Map, working in partnership with HRBPs, COEs, People Ops, HR Tech, Tech Infra, Finance, Facilities teams.
- Facilitate and conduct meetings with stakeholders to capture and define opportunities; leverage these insights & map candidate and employee journeys that's also aligned to business strategy, people priorities, and user data that will have a significant impact on the overall PhonePe employee experience
- Prioritize, demonstrate, and evangelize Inclusive Design practices to ensure employee experiences live up to PhonePe's Diverse & Inclusive agenda.
- Act as Product Owner for key employee journeys, and lead a cross functional team on all aspects of end-to-end product delivery, from idea to roll-out, ensuring objectives are met.
- Use Product Marketing knowledge to design effective product launch strategies, leading to increased product uptake and engagement.
- Drive, measure, and advise on employee journey effectiveness with teams across the People and Product team
- Educate, communicate, and coach stakeholders, responsible for employee processes, to develop new capabilities in the consumerization of the employee experience
Required Skills & Experience :
- 6+ years in Employee Experience, Product, UX or similar design-centric roles
- Diverse experience in a Product, Design or Employee Experience role, with a solid track record of successfully demonstrating inclusive user centred design, product strategy, roadmap prioritization, iterative experimentation, and agile methodologies.
- Deep empathy for employee needs and the ability to maximize systems thinking across comprehensive discovery, effectively define and prioritize problems to maximize returns, ability to design and operationalize solutions (design thinking, human-centred design)
- Employee-first mentality.
- Ability to translate highly ambiguous employee experience issues into structured problems, and to develop well founded solutions in a structured yet creative way.
- Driven by data and a proven track record to develop and provide relevant reporting metrics on program results to supervise success against objectives and to support decision making, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilient, self-aware professional with exposure to diverse experiences and a deep appreciation for varied perspectives; champion for PhonePe's commitment to be an anti-racist company.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing partners and attention to detail are key attributes in this role.
Desired Experience :
- HR work experience of diverse employee profiles (Tech, CX, Sales) and business groups (Tech based, Financial Services, BPOs)