PhonePe - Head - Go To Market - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (8-12 yrs)
Phonepe is the leader in the UPI based payments in India with a market share of more than 40%. Our goal is to make payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer centricity. PhonePe went live in 2016 and crossed 5 bn transactions on its platform in 2019. In 2020, PhonePe forayed into diverse areas with the launch of insurance and super funds. Today we have a customer base of 260+ mm users and 16 mm merchants live on our platform.
Job Objective: Offline team focuses on driving PhonePe acceptance at offline merchants across urban and rural markets across the country. It is responsible for driving serving strategy for Phonepe with an objective of increasing transaction volume. The team is accountable to successfully verify, incubate, and launch initiatives that provide an opportunity for growth via new markets/product extensions. The incumbent will be responsible for setting up processes and enable field distribution teams to drive effective and quality servicing leading to increasing transaction volume and market share.
Reporting Matrix: The role will report to Head - Offline Sales
- Responsible for growth of national offline merchant base of PhonePe.
- Identifying white spaces and opportunities for increasing penetration of PhonePe platform with merchants
- Identify and resolve process challenges (like KYC) in acquisition of new merchant base.
- Conceptualize and implement GTM plan considering associated challenges of cost of acquisition, compliance and future growth prospects
- Study market shifts, consumer behaviour to identify and work on newer products and features. Work with product, engineering, marketing, analytics to develop the same.
- Responsible for growth of national offline UPI transaction market share (Merchant side)
- Constantly innovate and deliver breakthrough solutions that create sustainable value to the merchants - making PhonePe the platform of choice for merchants, leading to increase in market share across geographies and categories
- Actively engaging with sales team, constantly monitoring dynamics of a highly competitive offline UPI market, generating insights from the field, developing strategic agendas, driving execution of them through field workforce
- Building and sharing actionable insights to the field team for execution through a strong data base approach
- Interfacing with key stakeholders from product, engineering, marketing, analytics, data science teams etc to ensure timely prioritisation and execution of business asks, that enables efficient functioning of workforce and excellent user experience for merchants, which translates
- MBA from Tier 1 campus with good academic record
- Proven working experience of 8-12 years in areas like business development, strategic partnerships, program management and design, activation and iteration of effective Go To Market Strategies
- Experience working and influencing key internal stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Problem solving abilities with strong bias for impact
- Strong ethics and discretion while dealing with customers
- Should have handled team and processes like goal setting, performance management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.