PhonePe - Category Manager - Apps Platform - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (3-5 yrs)
Apps Platform- Category Manager
PhonePe is India's leading Fintech platform with a vision to build a large, scalable & open transaction ecosystem that creates maximum positive impact for all stakeholders in the ecosystem.
We, Apps Platform team @PhonePe, are building the largest distribution platform of its kind, providing businesses a channel to distribute and market their content/apps/stores and reach our millions of digital-savvy users. As we continue to scale and embark on our next phase of growth, we are looking for creative, entrepreneurial and customer-centric folks to join our team as Category Manager and help us redefine the mobile payments ecosystem.
The role :
- Being a Category Manager is about building a value centric platform for both businesses and users for the particular category/use-case. This would require you to work closely with various cross functional teams to scale and improve the experience, product features and services that help increase partner satisfaction, improve customer experience and grow the category P&L.
- Category Manager at PhonePe serves in a pivotal role, building and managing the respective category business. The role demands a deep understanding of market segment and consumer needs/behaviour, and leading strategic initiatives for the category growth. (You will be a part of the Apps Platform Business team)
What to expect from this role:
1. End to end ownership of user experience for the category
2. Manage growth, revenue, and P&L for the category
3. Deep understanding of the markets, trends, and consumer behavior, to shape the category strategy
4. Ownership of all category related marketing activities and user communication
5. Collaborate with cross-functional teams- design, product, engineering, marketing, and business finance to lead category-specific initiatives
6. Manage all aspects of product marketing for the category including GTM strategy, new product launch, portfolio marketing strategy and execution, positioning, messaging, pricing, competitive research, internal communications and field enablement
7. Conduct market research and develop go-to-market strategies for products concerning the category
8. Creating value as a platform for partners and users
9. Active monitoring commercial performance for the category
Who we are looking for:
1. Customer first!
2. Stakeholder value creation
3. Energy, Ideas & Ownership. Lots of it! We look at Category Managers as CEOs of their category and rely on them to shape the category narrative.
4. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done is a must.
5. Deep understanding of consumer business and prior experience in driving category business in a relevant space/organization. Leadership or startup experience is a huge plus for us
6. An entrepreneurial drive to open up new opportunities of growth and strong execution rigor to follow it up. Someone who loves to go through the - idea-> pilot -> measure ->scale- loop
7. A good mix of intuition & analytical decision making. Ability to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals.
8. Prior experience of working with highly skilled cross- functional teams.
9. Opportunity to work with the entire spectrum of partners in the category including some of the top brands in India. Excellent skills in managing all aspects of business alliances is a must.
10. Passion for solving problems creatively, starting small, failing fast, and applying your learnings.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Education from Tier-1 colleges/universities in India or abroad.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.