PhonePe - Business Development Manager - Offline Organized Business - ISB/IIM/XLRI/SP Jain/MDI/FMS (6-12 yrs)
PhonePe in the Offline Organized Business
The PhonePe payment solution for merchants is a multi-instrument payments container and enables national brands in the Offline Organized Retail space to accept payments digitally from their consumers. The endeavor is to provide the best-in-class consumer and merchant experience in the context of digital payments and develop deep partnerships with the merchants in driving various business priorities.
About the Role
A person in this role would be responsible for expanding PhonePe's footprint in the offline organized retail business.
This is an individual contribution role and one would have to own end-to-end accountability for building PhonePe's acceptance network across a set of national/international brands/retail chains operating in the country.
- Identification of key stakeholders on the merchants side for the identified set of brands.
- Develop an understanding of the prospective merchants business environment and preparing merchant specific contextual/relevant pitches. This would need one to be good with data/understanding of businesses in the Indian context and basis this one should be able to outline the value which PhonePe can add to this business.
- Pitch the solution along with the overall business proposition to the key stakeholders. This would need one to be comfortable with having multiple discussions with CXOs/Senior Management on the merchants side.
- Work out the commercial terms of the partnership with the merchant. This would need one to be good with numbers and negotiating capabilities.
- Work with the PhonePe and Merchant legal teams to finalize the partnership agreements. This would need one to understand PhonePe and the Merchants business end-to-end and identify all relevant elements to be covered under the partnership agreement.
- Work with the PhonePe category management teams and different functional teams on the merchants side to finalize the longer-term business plans and model of engagement between the PhonePe teams and the Merchants teams.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the overall digital payments landscape in the country/developments/opportunities and help adapt PhonePes go-to-market plans in the organized retail space accordingly.
If you -
- Have a passion for business development
- Want to create an impact in one of the most dynamic business environments
- Find meeting new people and forging lasting relationships exciting
- Are comfortable working with multiple functions and stakeholders - CXOs/Senior Management/Legal Teams/Commercial Teams/Tech Teams on both the Merchants side as well as on PhonePes side.
This is the role for you!
- MBA from Tier-1 Institutes: ISB / IIMs /XLRI /SP Jain /MDI/ FMS or Equivalent
- Minimum 6+ years of overall experience
- A significant part of this experience should be across FMCG/ E-Commerce/F&B/Digital Payments/Retail Sectors in the Sales/Business Development Domains
- Prior experience in payment space would be preferred