PhonePe - Business Development Manager - Offline Organized Business - ISB/IIM/XLRI/SP Jain/MDI/FMS (6-12 yrs)
PhonePe in the Offline Organized Business
The PhonePe payment solution for merchants is a multi-instrument payments container and enables national brands in the Offline Organized Retail space to accept payments digitally from their consumers. The endeavor is to provide the best-in-class consumer and merchant experience in the context of digital payments and develop deep partnerships with the merchants in driving various business priorities.
About the Role
A person in this role would be responsible for expanding PhonePe's footprint in the offline organized retail business.
This is an individual contribution role and one would have to own end-to-end accountability for building PhonePe's acceptance network across a set of national/international brands/retail chains operating in the country.
- Identification of key stakeholders on the merchants side for the identified set of brands.
- Develop an understanding of the prospective merchants business environment and preparing merchant specific contextual/relevant pitches. This would need one to be good with data/understanding of businesses in the Indian context and basis this one should be able to outline the value which PhonePe can add to this business.
- Pitch the solution along with the overall business proposition to the key stakeholders. This would need one to be comfortable with having multiple discussions with CXOs/Senior Management on the merchants side.
- Work out the commercial terms of the partnership with the merchant. This would need one to be good with numbers and negotiating capabilities.
- Work with the PhonePe and Merchant legal teams to finalize the partnership agreements. This would need one to understand PhonePe and the Merchants business end-to-end and identify all relevant elements to be covered under the partnership agreement.
- Work with the PhonePe category management teams and different functional teams on the merchants side to finalize the longer-term business plans and model of engagement between the PhonePe teams and the Merchants teams.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the overall digital payments landscape in the country/developments/opportunities and help adapt PhonePes go-to-market plans in the organized retail space accordingly.
If you -
- Have a passion for business development
- Want to create an impact in one of the most dynamic business environments
- Find meeting new people and forging lasting relationships exciting
- Are comfortable working with multiple functions and stakeholders - CXOs/Senior Management/Legal Teams/Commercial Teams/Tech Teams on both the Merchants side as well as on PhonePes side.
This is the role for you!
- MBA from Tier-1 Institutes: ISB / IIMs /XLRI /SP Jain /MDI/ FMS or Equivalent
- Minimum 6+ years of overall experience
- A significant part of this experience should be across FMCG/ E-Commerce/F&B/Digital Payments/Retail Sectors in the Sales/Business Development Domains
- Prior experience in payment space would be preferred
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.