PhonePe - Area Sales Manager - Offline Sales - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (3-5 yrs)
About Us : PhonePe is the leader in UPI based payments in India. Our goal is to make digital payments so easy, safe and universally accepted that people never feel the need to carry cash or cards again. We believe India is at the cusp of a new mobile revolution, which will change the way we manage our money on the go. We see ourselves facilitating this change, through technology and dogged customer-centricity. PhonePe started in 2015 and crossed 2 bn transactions on its platform in 2019. We have a customer base of 200+ mm users and 11 mm merchants live on our platform.
Summary : The role focuses on driving PhonePe acceptance and creating a positive brand image in the Indian market. S/he is responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship with the merchants, DSAs, and sales executives. The role also requires developing a keen and sharp understanding of local merchant/customer's needs and hence drive PhonePe transactions based on both, the brand positioning and local requirements.
The role will report to the Regional Sales Manager
Direct Reports : 8-10 Territory Sales Manager
Indirect Reports : 70-80 Sales Executive
Sales Planning :
- Set up & drive the team to reach Acquisition & Transaction targets
- Develop and drive sales & service efficiencies
- Put in place processes and metrics for tracking progress to the plan and setup review mechanisms with all stakeholders
Services Planning :
- Set up and drive the team to achieve active merchant targets by servicing them effectively
- Ensure effective deployment, training, and farming of merchants acquired
- Plan, assess & implement monetization avenues
- Monitor competitive activity in key accounts and ensure appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented
- Be updated with all competition activities. Share best practices of competition internally
- Contribute to the areas of leadership development, employee engagement, organization development, and capability building.
- Work with internal stakeholders including Marketing, CS.
- MBA (Full Time) from a Tier 1 institute. (Mandatory).
- Experience : 3-5 years of relevant experience in sales and distribution/business development.
- Fluent communication and the ability to manage situations on the ground.
- Should have managed larger teams on the ground level.
- A team leader with an objective approach towards goal setting and monitoring.
- Ability to get things done and influence others.
- An analytical frame of mind & go-getter attitude.