P&G - Associate Manager - Material Development & Supply (2-7 yrs)
ASSOCIATE MANAGER, MATERIAL DEVELOPMENT & SUPPLY
- P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we're the world's largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We've spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship.
- The insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters.
- Femcare Product Supply Material Development & Supply Manager
- Lead material solution for IMEA Femcare as material champion. Develop new material specification and qualify new supplier across Asia to meet consumer/customer needs.
- Build Better & Sustainable material solution and maintain material ongoing quality with supplier to meet P&G raw material quality requirement. Internally it connects Product Research, Process Development, Material Supply management and Purchasing with the plant operations and other technical organizations to enable a seamless raw material change management process motivated by cost optimization, supply needs or quality / convertibility considerations.
- Externally it is the technical interface to all our raw material suppliers in IMEA and in some cases regionally/globally. The role is part of a global material development and supply organization, true partnership is important to drive global standards as one team. Responsibilities: The candidate will have the responsibility for FemCare raw materials in IMEA with special focus on India. This covers the technical ownership, supply and cost savings / innovation in key material classes used in Femcare IMEA products. Individual may have employee reporting. Some of these resources may be located outside Goa plant and require remote reporting lines.
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role :
Qualification Required (education, critical skills, work experience, functional knowledge etc.)
- Bachelor or Master (preferably Masters)
- Leadership - Strong leadership & passion on raw material development and supplier qualification as Function leader. Demonstrated ability to lead direct reports, project team & drive technical projects to successfully deliver department work plan on time. Candidate will take lead the material qualification projects on time following Material development methodology. Lead discussion with cross functional local/regional/global partners.
- Organizational & Communication skills - Proficiency in English(speaking/writing/reading), as the individual need to work with regional &/or Global resources located outside India without major issues. Capable of clearly communicating across functions. Can influence other functions to support and execute work to meet timings. Requires ability to understand and handle the details and interactions to keep the material projects on track. Attention to details is required. To handle an organization that is spread across several locations. Close cooperation between sites. Taking care of direct report and running expectations effectively.
- Technical Proficiency - The candidate should preferably have knowledge of Fem/Babycare converting technology, process control & demonstrated capability for trouble shooting skills. Individual should be able to prepare technical qualification plan, execute them following standard systems.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge to solve issues to root cause as well as understanding material and process interactions. Knowledge of Femcare/Babycare materials will be an added advantage. Strong logical thinking skill & belief in P&G tools to drive root cause elimination, explain reason/fact in systemic manner. Strong communication skill and could communicate clear objective with supplier/multi functions outside/inside P&G.
- Quality - Raw materials figure out quality of our products. Without robust quality management systems our promise to the consumer to deliver outstanding products cannot be kept. Insights into material quality management are needed to master this job. This is true for proactive interventions like audits, detection system installation and digitization as well as reactive tools in case we face quality incidents or risks with suppliers.
- Risk management - Able to identify, lead and communicate risk and develop appropriate contingency plans. Comfortable pushing the boundaries and removing barriers. Able to penetrate details to ensure there are robust plans in place
- Grows capability - of self & team members. Ensures that the team members have required skills to execute department deliverables. Builds & reviews required systems for effective & efficient working across functions and external partners like suppliers
- Review and make necessary adjustments to meet business needs. Should have proven capability to lead projects, handle people and technical trouble shooting.
- Collaboration skills with cross functions. This role requires interaction with different people and cultures internally and externally. Good communication skill, partnership with our P&G internal technical and commercial partners as well as a positive relationship with suppliers is required for success
- Project management, Material development system, Material Specifications, Initiative management, Supplier interfacing, and more.
- The role also builds an outstanding opportunity to understand the external connections to our suppliers & collaboration with diverse culture team members across region & globe. Love technical type of work and want to go deeper in knowledge rather than go wider.
- Better to have minimum 2 year experience in previous assignment Functional Knowledge
- Strong basic knowledge as Chemical engineer, Material science, Packaging expert/ engineer or Mechanical engineer, others engineer degree could be considered.
Dedication from us :
- You'll be at the core of breakthrough innovations, be given exciting assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility, in creative work spaces where new ideas flourish.
- All the while, you'll receive outstanding training to help you become a leader in your field. It is not just about what you'll do, but how you'll feel: welcomed, valued, purposeful, challenged, heard, and inspired.
What we offer :
- Continuous mentorship - you will collaborate with passionate peers and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and supportive workenvironment - employees are at the centre, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Just So You Know :
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: - Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak- .
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.