Manager - HR at Petronas Lubricants
Views:1229 Applications:308 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Petronas Lubricants - Head - Sales & Operations Planning (8-15 yrs)
Location : Mumbai ( Chakala)
Purpose of Position :
This role is responsible to execute the 4 step S&OP process to align the organization on the Master plan for next 18 months. In the process, the creation of scenarios and options to align supply chain capabilities and customer demand, offering alternative solutions to meet service levels, asset utilization and cost objectives.
Key Accountabilities :
- This position is responsible for the overall Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) process to achieve sales revenue, inventory and service level targets and execute necessary tradeoffs by using a defined planning S&OP process.
- This role will help to contribute to the development, execution of business strategy and ensure monthly sign off on the Demand / Inventory / Supply plan.
- He/she drive improvements such as forecasting improvements, collaborative demand & supply planning process improvements (production plan, material plan & distribution plan), developing customer service and inventory strategies.
- Work with Regional Integrated Planning Manager to set targets, review & monitor KPIs (OTIF, Forecast Accuracy, working capital requirements). The person will be responsible for the S&OP KPIs and aim for their improvements.
- Ensure compliance to set planning processes and methodologies in the country
- Coordinate between regional & local teams on cross country launch cases and bring to execution
- Decision making regarding supply sources (including third party sources)
- Drive special projects to optimize inventory in the region
- Competency development for planning team
Key Challenges :
- Ensure business adherence to the S&OP process involving commercials teams (sales, marketing, and finance) and supply chain teams (operations, logistic, purchasing).
- Drive monthly S&OP process to ensure review and sign off on Demand / Inventory / Supply plans and that there is one set of numbers in the business.
- Drive the collaborative planning process (at all levels) across the region to ensure demand, inventory, supply, customer service and cost objectives of the business are meet.
- Prepare S&OP KPIs, quantify and communicate demand-supply risks and opportunities gaps by leading cross-functional forecast reviews in accordance with the S&OP process standards.
- To communicate to the organization on forecasts, key assumptions, volumes, gaps, risks and opportunities for the business for all functions involved.
- Manage the end to end planning processes covering demand planning, material planning, supply planning, production, capacity planning and inventory planning cross the different teams involved
- In charge of the setup and the execution of planning process using Planning system.
- Ensures contingency planning procedures in place which are responsive and effective to handle SKU level issues of product availability.
- Drive improvement on forecasting (accuracy, error) by effectively analyzing source of forecast error and identify opportunity to improve across category/ brand & markets to drive sales growth.
- Develop fulfillment/service strategies using sales forecasts, inventory reports, financial analysis and other sources in order to achieve the optimum balance between service fulfillment, operating cost and delivery time to customers.
- Develop inventory strategies for existing items, new products, products phase-outs and disposition. Including driving new products or new packaging planning management process to allow coordination between, suppliers, manufacturing plants, toll fillers and customers.
- Build and develop planning best practices and capabilities within the global S&OP organization.
- The incumbent must have strong influence skill and people skill to drive the S&OP process adherence.
Communication and Working Relationship (Internal/External) :
- External some interaction with key customers & Suppliers ( RM & PM)
- Internal almost all internal functions like Sales, Marketing, Operations, Logistics, R&T, Finance and HR.
Qualifications & Education :
- Bachelors degree in Operations/ Engineering/ Supply chain equivalent from a recognized University. MBA would be preferable.
- Minimum 10 years of supply chain planning experience of similar industry and relevant experience in managerial level with S&OP processes
- Proven experience in problem solving, analytics and process improvement
- People Management - able to interact with senior stakeholders both internally and externally; has driven stakeholder engagement plans
- Excellent communication skills, effective inter-personal skills, and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.