Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Campus Hiring at PepsiCo
Views:4495 Applications:291 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
PepsiCo - Manufacturing Manager (10-19 yrs)
- Designing & Implementing the plant maintenance system
- Ensuring that the plant machinery is always in good running condition, machine downtime is minimized and the costs of running the machinery are optimized
- Providing uninterrupted utilities to the plant
- Support to Safety, Quality, Agro, Shipping & Production team in addressing Infrastructure and Equipment related issues.
- Cost management related to VMOH & engineering related
- Managing capex spends for the plant
I. STRATEGIC BUSINESS LEADERSHIP
1. Designing and ensuring implementation of a maintenance system that optimizes efficiencies and costs and maximizes output
- Analysing and appraising different systems
- Implementing PEMM methodology & PM pillar as per Master plan
2. Ensuring cost effectiveness in planning and execution of significant CAPEX projects
- Planning for various machine revamping and capacity up gradation activities
- Conducting feasibility studies for automation and productivity improvement
- Designing solutions for improvising or re-engineering the machines:
- Estimating costs for capital machinery, existing machine up-gradation/ revamping etc.
- Proposing the CAPEX plans and getting them approved with the planning committee at the corporate office
- Sourcing and developing vendors who can design the hardware envisaged in the solution
3. Up gradation of the technological competence of the plant
- Scanning the environment for latest technology and keeping the Plant management team and other members SMEs updated
- Designing upgradation/ phase out plans for existing technology & New tech.
4. Architecting along with Plant Manager, an adaptive work culture in Plant and within Engineering team that promotes the company growth
- Brainstorming with other team members and finalizing on cultural norms to be adopted and promoted
- Architecting two-way communication channels to promote and get feedback on the culture a culture dipstick
II. OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
1. Ensuring no production loss due to machine downtime beyond the budgeted downtime
- Ensuring adherence to preventive maintenance
a. Coordinating with production for timely release of machines for shut-down activities/ preventive maintenance
b. Plant inspection rounds for condition-based monitoring system
- Troubleshooting for major breakdown incidents in the plant: Conducting Why Why analysis / RCA.
- Doing breakdown criticality analysis and resolving A+B rank failures by addressing 5 factors of failures.
- Preparation of history cards, MTBFs, MTTR
- Coordinating with contractors for work orders to handle any breakdown maintenance activity
2. Ensuring the preparation of AOP for Repairs and Maintenance and ensuring delivery as per plan
- Collecting and compiling & analysing data on machine downtime
- Developing maintenance plan with inputs from subordinates and recommendations from OEMs
- Conducting monthly reviews as per M&W process and share with Plant leadership team, examine the adherence to this on quarterly schedule
3. Ensuring that the plant meets all the requirements of statutory bodies like PSEB, PPCB, Weights and Measures Department, Factory Inspectors and CCE
- Preparing and implementing a statutory calendar for the year
- Coordinating with the officials of the above
4. Ensuring energy optimization
- Making Monthly Summary Reports on energy usage
- Doing a weekly review of oil and electricity usage plan vs. actual usage
5. Leading the Engineering team
- Recruiting team members who are specialists in different kinds of machinery used at the plant and filling other skill gaps
- Coordinating with various departments to make resources available for the team
- Delegating responsibilities to individuals, setting goals and obtaining buy-in of the employees to the organizational goals
- Building SOPs and training people on them
- Providing Accident Handling/ Crisis Management training
- Inspecting the production hall and the packaging hall regularly to identify areas of improvement for the engineering team
- Monitoring the maintenance crew utilization
6. Controlling the purchasing of spares and other engineering goods
- Conducting ABC analysis of the spares and control inventory
- Monitoring the vendors used by maintenance engineers for purchase of parts to ensure their standardization
7. Facilitating capability building of operators on the machine to enable them to complete some of the basic maintenance jobs along with the Production and the HR Managers
- Getting operators trained in basic maintenance functions in accordance with the Fast Forward program for the plant
- Putting in place a system for reviewing compliance to SOPs along with the production manager
8. Leading the plant effectively along with Plant leadership team members
- Regular interaction with Quality Manager to discuss the effects of machine, manpower and material related problems on the quality and supporting in QM pillar implementation.
- Participating in the weekly M&W reviews.
9. Increasing employee involvement in the functioning of the plant
- Establishing the TPM culture in the plant
- Leading/ guiding Planned Maintenance pillar in the various projects undertaken by them, reviewing their progress on a periodic basis
III. BUILDING ORGANIZATIONAL AND SELF CAPABILITY
1. Coaching members towards developing a high performing and skilled engineering team
a. Developing a system/ training module for thorough training of every technician
b. Conducting regular performance reviews and counselling of the employees
c. Identifying gap areas and opportunities of development in consultation with the HR department
d. Ensuring training plan compliance
e. Ensuring continuous retraining of the contractual employees also
- Enabling team members to handle technical issues independently and R&R
2. Monitoring and controlling import substitution for reducing costs
- Supervising import substitution (substituting used/ defective imported spare parts with indigenously developed parts)
a. Sourcing vendors - commercial negotiations; Ensuring vendor development to match Frito Lay requirements
- Ensuring that the engineering department keeps within the specified expenditure limits
- Ensuring machine efficiencies are optimized
a. Monitoring waste due to machine inefficiency
3. Institutionalizing a hygiene and quality focused culture
- Generating quality awareness and commitment throughout the engineering department and the rest of the plant Understanding causes and discrepancies
- Sharing hygiene scores from various audits (AIB Audit, inter-department audit conducted on alternate days and monthly quality audit) with the department and guiding for improvement of scores
- Providing online feedback and counselling for maintenance of hygiene in the plant
4. Continuously learning and upgrading own abilities
- Seeking feedback from Plant Leadership Team and seniors
- Reflecting on own competencies and possible gaps
- Monitoring implementation of these goals
- Continuously updating knowledge from outside environment
Qualifications / Requirements:
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Degree in Engg (Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical)
- Experience 10 - 12 years in a FMCG / Food industry desirable.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, presentation, analytical, inter personal skills.
- Strong focus on delivery and results with high drive and energy levels.
- High levels of analytical, technical and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of statutory laws for factories
- Experience of handling process industries and utilities with quick changeovers
Skills and Behavioural Attributes
- Functional mastery in technical arena
- Ability to Set the agenda and drive the same
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work with the plant teams and operators
- Ability to work with cross- functional teams.
- Quick Learning and Execution ability.
- Strong people skills.
Main interactions within & outside organization / External & Internal Environmental Factors
Externally with Statutory authorities, consultants, OEMs, packaging material vendors in the areas of flexible laminates, newer packaging formats based innovations
- P&P verticals viz Maintenance Reliability Manager, Manufacturing Excellence.
- R&D Packaging development,
- Region Legal and Statutory and Regulatory Affairs (SRA) teams,
- Region Engineering Director and team members,
- Region indirect Procurement Team
- Foods Director
- In plant: Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Quality Manager, Agro manager, Commercial Manager, EHS Manager, Shipping Manager, TPM Manager and their team members as appropriate.