Talent Acquisition Manager & India Campus Lead at PepsiCo India
Views:3462 Applications:637 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:290
PepsiCo - Associate Director - Plant Operations (10-20 yrs)
Associate Director SC Operations - Kolkata (Diversity)
DIVERSITY CANDIDATES PREFERRED:
MAIN PURPOSE :
- Lead the factory and team to meet the Supply Chain commitment in the most competitive manner in terms of cost, Quality, productivity and delivery by:
- Ensuring all product quality customer service and plant cost targets are met.
- Ensuring all assets (fleet and plant) are maintained to meet supply chain demands.
- Ensuring all regulatory/local government /local union policies are met.
- To deliver Annual Operating Plan (Product Availability, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Safety & Sustainability and Morale) and Profit Improvement Plan for the Plant.
- Lead the Plant Team and implement best practice tools (M&W / TPM / ISO / ODS / I2 / DW) in alignment with the MU / BU Strategic Priorities and drive operational excellence processes by coaching and guiding the Plant team, such that the desired process improvements towards world class performance are continually achieved and sustained.
- Ensure adequate wiring and connect with the local stake holders and compliance to the regulatory / local government / local union policies and applicable statutory requirements.
- Environment Management / Statutory Compliance
- Ensure good relations with and project a positive image in the environment through the CSR - PWP Platform.
- Ensure that all Regulatory and Statutory requirements are complied with. In case of any actual / potential non compliance, escalate the matter to and be guided by the BU Legal Team.
Product Availability :
- Ensure Service Levels to the Market - ensure that manufacturing / warehousing and the primary logistics activities are carried out in a safe environment and as per PepsiCo quality / hygiene standards to optimally meet Sales / Supply chain requirements (I2 SCP-PP compliance).
- Ensure material availability - items are purchased from BU approved vendors at approved prices;
- Both Local and BU approved procurement should comply with the P2P process.
- Upgrade the production capability of the factory - in line with the Strat Plan and AOP to handle higher complexity in a highly dynamic external environment ( Pack mix / Volumes)
- Integrated Quality & Food Safety
- Ensure compliance to the PI / BU Guidelines and standards on Quality and Food Safety in
- Manufacturing function / processes
- Drive quality through demonstrated values & behaviour and institutionalised management system review processes. Ensure that the Plant performance remains OOR in Food Safety and meets the minimum mandates (GQA + AIB ) at all times
- Implement 3 D Quality Reporting and Improvement monitoring systems.
Safety & Sustainability :
- Champion the deployment of PepsiCo Safety and Sustainability standards through demonstrated values & behaviour and institutionalised management system review processes.
- Ensure continuous improvement in safety and sustainability KPIs in line with the BU / MU Priorities towards world class
- Manufacturing linked KPI - LTIR / Water usage / FO Usage / Bev Power
- Champion an overall asset effectiveness program - A. ensure proper maintenance of plant utilities, plant equipment, civil and other plant assets. B. Corrective Maintenance / Upgrade to higher levels of productivity & reliability; Project Management of all Site Based / Led Projects.
Cost Effectiveness :
- Drive the cost review process to ensure tight control on cost and deliver on plan performance for Manufacturing C2C / Case (VMOH + FMOH); DMC (% Yields, Usage Variance); Utility KPIs
- Benchmark with best in class and drive the cost productivity / value optimization agenda and the annual Profit Improvement Plan for the Plant.
- Optimize Line Productivity - for the Plant Manufacturing Lines
- Total Plant Productivity - Ensure manning to template to optimize Total Plant Productivity
- Direct Material Cost Usage Variance - Cost optimization on raw materials, packaging by reducing wastages
- VMOH Usage Variance - Cost optimization on Utilities / C&C / Overtime / Variable Labor
Core Business Processes :
- Ensure compliance to the Plant Standard Operating Procedures and Business Controls
- Environment for the Plant Processes.
- Ensure data integrity and reporting timeliness of M&W KPMs / measure up data
- Lead the M&W and TPM Journey of the Plant
- Identify recurring problems at the plant for improvement - specifically lead continual improvement projects at the shop floor by leading the focused improvement pillar of the TPM journey.
People Agenda :
Work Environment - Create an inclusive and cherishing work environment through:
Diversity Hiring - Identify opportunity through process and work mapping & implement actions
Occupational Health Survey - Identify opportunities to improve OHS Score and implement actions
Work Life Balance - Champion work life balance through demonstrated values & behaviour
Health & Wellness - Sponsor the Health & Wellness agenda at the Plant
Employee Relations - Maintain harmonious and productive ER with Associates on the shop floor
Talent Development :
- Carry out people resource planning and secure manning approval in AOP process
- Hire / Fire Frontline Performers (associates) & L1-L5 executives to AOP sanctioned numbers
- Drive plant level People Planning Process - Identify high performers and provide them a challenging work environment so as to retain them
- Champion the skill & capability building process to ensure adequate pool of trained and competent person to man the plant operations and adequate bench strength through multi skilling.
- Drive Core HR Processes Execution at the Plant - PMP / CDAP / People Planning
Experience and Qualification :
- Graduate Engineer (Mechanical or Chemical) with 8/10 years of experience in a manufacturing set up
- Headed a plant independently for minimum 2 years
- Exposure, preferably to products and processes, Packaging equipment- s, Finishing lines would be an additional advantage
- The candidate should be adept in handling the complexity of the heavy engineering industry with manufacturing strategy development and Quality Assurance systems