Consultant at People for Action
Views:563 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
People For Action - Head - CSR/HNI Partnerships (5-10 yrs)
Job Title: Head - CSR / HNI Partnerships (H-CSR/HNI Partnerships)
Reports to: Deputy Director Business Development (DD-BD)
Collaborates with: Internally - Transform team
Externally - Head CSRs, Corporates, HNI, Knowledge Partners, occasionally with International, National, State & District counterparts (Government & Non- Government)
Direct reports: None
Contract Length: One year fixed term contract (renewable for three years)
Compensation: Circa INR 16 Lacks - Performance Linked
Background: People For Action (PFA) is an Indian NGO. It leads inspired action to improve learning outcomes for students in government schools in India has set an audacious goals of address education and equity issues for 25% children in secondary schools in India by 2023.
PFA's Transform Schools Programme works in Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and West Bengal. It uses powerful models and high-quality resources to transform Teaching, Learning, School Management, Enrolment and Gender PARity. These are implemented in partnership with State governments and NGOs.
Job Purpose: Transform Schools, People For Action (PFA), with its established Transform Learning model aims to take its programmes much wider and deeper to impact learning outcomes of 6.6 million children across seven States by 2021.
In order to achieve these goals, seeking to hire a Business Development Expert to lead and acquire high-level strategic partnerships with corporates, corporate foundations, and HNIs in India aligned with our vision and mission of the organisation.
The main purpose of this position will be to secure multiyear partnerships and manage and retain the existing funding relationships to realise organisation's mission. and mobilise institutional funding to raise upwards of INR 5 Cr./year to fuel PFA's expansion to new geographies.
Main duties & Responsibilities: Head - CSR/HNI will research, identify and reach out to new fundraising and partnership opportunities. The incumbent will analyse, implement and monitor new growth potentials by introducing new fundraising channels, upscaling existing activities for fundraising in alignment with Transform Schools Business Development Strategy 2020-2023.
1. Prospect for potential new partnership opportunities, analysing their feasibility, shaping specific opportunities and presenting recommendations internally
2. Lead generation by pitching to new companies, secure long-term fundraising by submitting proposals while mapping Transform models
3. Manage, expand and develop existing sponsorship and commercial partnerships and to initiate new contracts pipeline and effectively achieve as per BD targets of the organisation
4. Identify new sources of support through networking, pitches and social media, and build relationships with corporate/ HNIs
5. Develop project proposals, concept notes, presentations and budgets for pitching
6. Conceptualise, plan and execute fundraising events
Relationship Management & Brand Recall:
1. Develop a plan of communication for donor reporting, special announcements, invitations or exchange of greetings on special occasions. Communicate, negotiate, present the programme outcomes to credibly and effectively to influence and develop relationships with Donor/Organisation.
2. Ensure that donor compliances are met and they receive regular updates on progress and milestones achieved.
3. Create a brand recall by establishing trust amongst supporters, donors and partners, to ensure long-term partnerships culminating in higher revenue generation.
4. Social media campaigns sharing information and building awareness of achievements among wider audience, advocating for the cause of improved learning outcomes in elementary and secondary schools
1. Periodically revise the Business Development and Engagement Strategy based on lessons learned and field feedback and observations.
2. Produce monthly up-to-date fundraising reports for the DD.
1. Belief in the power of quality education to impact social and economic outcomes for children
2. Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or relevant field;
3. Overall 7 years of experience with minimum 5 years of experience in leading CSR/HNI Fund raising in a not for profit setting.
4. Data-Oriented & good experience in managing multiple stakeholders
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional proposal writing and presentation capabilities.
6. Strong attention to detail and excellent research skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all organisation levels.
8. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and online management tools like Trello, Beautiful.Ai, Flux, Pipedrive, Slack etc.
9. Excellent collaboration, management, problem solving skills, ability to prioritise
a diverse and demanding workload, and meet deadlines consistently. 10. Strong interpersonal, networking, communications and IT skills.
Desirable experience and qualities
1. Alignment with Transform Schools mission and priorities
2. A sense of humour and patience