peel-works - Business Head - P&L - North (10-15 yrs)
Designation : Business / P&L Head - North
Industry : FMCG/ E-commerce
About us :
Peel Works is an e-commerce company reimagining retail. Taikee is the retail management platform of Peel Works which is transforming how independent, mom and pop stores operate in India. The platform helps predict demand, localises inventory management, takes the replenishment / ordering system online and introduces new data sources.
These data sources include digitisation of the transactions that the retail store performs with their customers. Taikee is now present in over 15,000 independent stores. These stores are buying $250M GMV from Taikee on an annualised basis, making the platform the largest grocery commerce (e-B2B) business in India.
With the launch of the ordering capability in 2017, we completed the build of the Taikee platform. Taikee has been designed to help India's twelve million small independent shops with data-driven inventory management. Stores provide the platform with customer buying data. The platform is used by store owners to order products through a mobile app.
That same platform gives these independent stores and consumer goods companies insight into what customers are buying and uses analytics to help them with sales, market-share growth and inventory management. Taikee has created a reason for independent stores, CPG and customers to co-exist on a common platform.
Not only does Taikee disintermediate middlemen (distributors / unorganised cash & carry), opening a $300B opportunity, it also has a potentially disruptive impact on how the B2C grocery business might go online in India. Taikee enables triangulation of inventory in a broadly distributed, local network.
By centralising management of that inventory on a common analytics platform, Taikee has essentially created a virtual brick and mortar network it can use to sell B2C online and optimise fulfilment. This capability could be used to solve an important last mile challenge by making small-value, same-day delivery of grocery possible by taking all stores online and then enabling them to pick from local inventory.
About the Role (Key Deliverables) :
- You would be leading the P& L and end to end operations for North Region.
- Grow and manage the sales and operations of the existing cities, including forecasting, budgeting, demand planning, organizing assortment, and ensuring fulfilment of orders to meet your revenue and cost targets.
- We are also expanding rapidly, and this role would also be responsible for launching - Taikee-, in new cities and manage both supply and demand sides of the business, while building processes and systems to scale up in a cost-efficient manner.
- This role is part of the leadership team and involves managing a large team of regional leaders, business analysts and field operations and ensuring that they are motivated while performing their responsibilities.
- Plan and strategize the category mix dynamically basis the demand of respective towns and drive profitability of the towns
- Create targets for the teams and enable them to achieve their targets.
- Provide consistent feedback to the product team to help productize the IP that is created day in-day out in the regions
- Ability to communicate effectively on the growth strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Consistently work towards building and refining the key enablers of the business
- Support the hiring process for onboarding new team members to scale up the operations
About you :
- You have successfully led P& L, at a Regional or National level
- Lead launch of new towns/cities, handling end to end responsibility of scaling operations at Regional or National Level.
- You have worked closely with the other stake-holders such as logistics, sourcing within the organisation to improve efficiencies and profitably grown the regional business
What you need :
- MBA with minimum 10+ years of experience in expansion of operations.
- Relevant experience in start-up/FMCG is preferred
- Preferably have held Ecommerce responsibility or should have operated as a strong leader in a larger company in the Retail / Consumer Goods/ FMCG / personal care Industry/Food.
- You have directly worked with C- Level executives and managed with stakeholders
- You have rich Experience of Market dynamics and Consumer Behavior for North Region
- You are excellent with people management skills
- You possess strong leadership, strong sense of urgency and commitment
- You are comfortable with targets and get excited with challenges
- You are a strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions
- You take ownership of all people processes for the zone including coaching, guiding & motivating the regional sales team to ensure results & productivity
- You must be open to travelling