Pearson - Schools Sales Manager (3-6 yrs)
Job Title : Schools Sales Manager
Job Family : Sales
Line of Business : Schools
Grade : D
Reports To : Regional Director, Gulf & Levant
Location : Dubai, UAE
Note : Only Candidates Currently Stationed In Dubai May Apply.
ABOUT US :
- At Pearson, we- re committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
- By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Under Pearson organization, the Growth markets are an exciting, dynamic group of international markets including Brazil, China, India, South Africa, the Hispano-America and the Middle East regions. Pearson's Growth markets contain 55% of the world's population and 60% of the world's youth population. The middle class in these countries is rapidly expanding and education is a critical part of this transition.
- The Gulf & Levant markets (part of the Middle East Hub) include UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Iran and Yemen.
JOB PURPOSE :
- The Sales Manager for the Schools sector is responsible for the sales and strategic market development of learning services to all schools and his responsibility covers the full range of Pearson products and services for schools including K-12 courseware and technology-based products.
- This role reports into the Regional Director for Gulf & Levant, and is one of 4 commercial management roles alongside Higher Education, ELT and Qualifications and it's supported by the Sales Operations (Supply chain, Pricing, etc.), Portfolio Management and Post-sales.
This is a sales management role of a business that expected to grow at 10% per annum over the next 3 years. Directly responsible of a team of 6 people including account managers and a sales coordinator.
Main objective is to achieve sales targets, develop and implement sales strategy, in order to deliver revenue growth and increased market share across the region.
- Maximize sales of Pearson Education titles and digital platforms, as prescribed into all assigned academic institutions across the Gulf and Levant
- Develop and execute strategic and operational plans with key Distributors/Partners and internal team in each market to deliver market coverage and growth over the next 3 years
- Manage the Gulf-Levant sales team in designated customer segment to maximize their sales and achieve their sales target, and ensure customer satisfaction levels are maintained at a high level
- Motivate and develop through management and coaching of assigned representatives within the team to achieve sales target and achieve best practice in all aspects of selling in the field
- Take overall responsibility to manage and deliver on the commercial target and presenting timely, accurate forecasts and associated analysis of financial performance
- Work with various Pearson business units to ensure end-users and Distributors/ Partners are fully supported in terms of training, product knowledge and sales skills
- The Schools Sales Manager is expected to be self-starting and self-motivated with a proven track record in sales, and preferably with an initial experience in sales management.
Key Accountabilities :
People Management :
- Recruitment, coaching and motivation of assigned internal sales account managers to support them to achieve sales targets and build the pipeline in their business areas
- Demonstrate best practice and lead by example in all key competency areas
- Deliver effective performance monitoring and management to maximize engagement, achievement and retention within assigned sales representatives
- Through effective task management, ensure the required CRM data coverage is maintained and utilised for business development
Business Management :
- Develop effective annual targets and 3-year strategic plans to drive revenue performance
- Work with finance, business analysis and your Schools team to maintain and provide timely and accurate sales and budgeting data
- Use SalesForce as main tool to analyze the opportunities entered by the Account Managers and to generate sales KPI reports
Channel Management :
- Manage Distributors/Partners to meet or exceed KPIs and annual targets, with a focus on key markets
- Develop and manage 12-month Sales & Marketing Plans
- Manage delivery of Distributor/Partner training
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels to key customers for the dissemination of product information.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing managers, Technology Specialists, other Lines of Business, custom editors and editors to help team achieve wins on key adoptions
- Establish & maintain key relationships as required within the regional education community.
Candidate Profile :
(A) Profile (e.g. required experience, knowledge, qualifications, etc.)
- Degree or higher educational background in education/business
- Minimum 2 years of results-led sales and marketing experience at managerial level, preferably working in an educational environment
- Proven record of successful sales and marketing strategy implementation
- Experience working with a complex global organisation environment
(B) Skills & Competences
- A natural sales person. A rational, assertive and confident individual who can persuade customers and articulate business needs to management
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, including historical sales analysis, pricing, and forecasting.
- Strategic thinking, with the ability to develop innovative multi-level strategies to build medium-long term business pipelines
- Strong communication, problem-solving, negotiation and influencing skills plus an ability to operate in a matrix-reporting environment.
- Able to operate effectively alone, and to work through challenges independently, as well as part of a multi-country team
- Able to work as part of a cross-functional matrix structure, in a global environment
- Excellent spoken and written command of English (and Arabic preferably).
- Experience in using SalesForce is a plus
Personal Style and Behavior :
Demonstrate Pearson Values :
- Decent, honest and supportive
- Accountable and responsible
- Brave and Imaginative
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.