General Manager - HR at Pearson India
Views:182 Applications:45 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Pearson - Project Manager - Contractual Role (8-10 yrs)
JD - Project Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Understand the scope of the project and own the project execution end to end
- Prepare resource estimations for each task in association with product champions
- Prepare detailed project plan that includes milestones for the complete lifecycle of the project by working with product champions. S/he should list micro-level tasks for the project, define planned start and end dates for each task. Also assign responsibilities. Inter-dependencies across tasks also should be planned.
- Conduct scrum meetings and track actual start and end dates on a daily basis. Review the impact of deviations on the overall schedule & present the impact analysis to management.
- Manage internal and external communications
- Prepare budgets based on the efforts involved and track it to ensure that the execution remains within the planned budgets
- Performs risk analysis for projects.
- Manages internal client expectations.
- Facilitates project approval process with management, project documents and other related materials.
- Creates and maintains relationships across the organization.
- Works with team leaders to manage both internal and external resources.
- Prepare and present status reports to the management team at pre-defined intervals
- Ensure that the project assets are properly archived and stored with version control mechanisms
DELIVERABLE S :
- Detailed project plan
- Estimations of resources and related tracking reports
- Budgets and related tracking reports
- Organizes, conducts, and attends release, iteration, and planning meetings with Product Managers, Sales Managers and other key stakeholders to create agile project plans by defining clear, attainable objectives and milestones.
- Provides detailed regular status reports on all active projects.
- Provides release and iteration metrics on a monthly basis.
- Individual should have 5-7 years of experience in project management in a similar environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong ability to foster and maintain positive creative agile project teams.
- Strong knowledge of full life-cycle development.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Understanding of resource allocation across projects.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and oral), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to resolve conflict within a project team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Eye for detail
- Understand and track the numbers involved in the project
Preferred certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- PMP or PRINCE2 Certification is preferred.