Senior Manager Talent Acquisition at Pearson
Views:7027 Applications:713 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Pearson - Product Manager (4-6 yrs)
Job description :
Are you a stubborn person who Is not afraid of finding a needle In a stack of hay? Are you someone who is passionate about product development? Are you an ardent learner who Is always looking to improve? then we need you :
We're the world's learning company who is focused on creating omni-channel, personalized learning at scale. With the onset of next and future generation products, our Technology & Operations teams are collaborating with Global Product to create a cutting-edge Global Learning Platform, supported by tools, content and services that enable us to deliver on our mission. Combining new models of personalized and adaptive learning, underpinned with analytics, will help drive better outcomes.
The Product Management team works closely with global teams and businesses to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love.
- Understand target audience, market trends, competition, technology trends, revenue expectations and overall product strategy
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Develop the product along with internal/external teams in agile methods and validate with customers (A/B testing)
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Prepare go-to-market strategy and positioning along with marketing
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Additional Responsibilities :
Understands local market specific needs and provides support to geographic marketing teams in translating global product campaigns to the local market (trainings, campaigns). Delivers training and support to geography sales teams, may adapt training processes to meet local needs.
- Revenue (if platform is sold as a product by itself)
- Repeat/CLV (stickiness)
- (Reduced) number of tickets
Builds supports and communicates unique value proposition and campaigns for assigned products focused, whenever relevant, on digital learning experience and added value. Closely works with learning science and efficacy teams to promote the value digital products bring to learners and educators.
Core Technical/Functional Competencies :
Essential : Product Development experience, Product management
Desired : knowledge of market and industry, digital platforms
Education, Qualifications & Training
Essential : Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with development experience
Previous Experience :
- Understanding of User persona, UX design process, customer validation
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum method of development
Core Behavioral Competencies:
- Clear communication, presentation and excellent stakeholder management
- Customer-centric, data-driven, passionate
At Pearson, we don- t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Pearson is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.