Pearson - General Manager - Digital Products (12-20 yrs)
Pearson - Assistant General Manager - Digital Products
JOB PURPOSE :
- Pearson is focusing on developing more digital products for HED segment. This involves development of digital content, delivery platforms & related technologies.
- Incumbent is responsible for architecting the end to end solution. S/he should work with various teams to understand the market requirements & the overall product construct that is required for their audience.
- The s/he should implement the concept digitally by understanding the best practices & market trends, developing the architecture for the solution (both content & platform), working with content & tech partners/vendors to develop the same, setting up internal teams for enabling review & delivery.
- These products will be targeted both at B2B & B2C segments. Collaborative working with other both internal & external customers is an integral part of this role. S/he will also be responsible for enhancing existing product models as well to provide better experience to the learners/teachers/parents/institutions.
- These products will represent a significant part of of the overall Higher-Ed revenue going forward.
QUALIFICATIONS & INDUSTRY :
- Bachelors degree or masters degree in management or equivalent.
- Experience in the EduTech industry in developing similar learning solutions.
- Exposure to B2C is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE :
- 12-20 years of experience with a background where one understands product development in the digital space, with demonstrated success in architecting and building excellent web & mobile-based products.
- Understanding of product development in a Publishing environment can be an added advantage although not compulsory
- Thorough knowledge of the complete ecosystem of Ed Tech including content, authoring, platform & related technologies. A complete understanding of the development workflows are a must. Knowledge of tools used for various activity would be required. (Only an overall understanding of what tools to be used for what purpose will be required. No in-depth knowledge or coding is required for this role).
- Understanding of Ed Tech market requirements
- Have creative vision combined with market research skills, digital content management, plan out successful product launch campaigns, reaching out to consumers and finding out what they look for in digital products.
- Exposure to B2C requirements from a product development perspective is a must
- Excellent team leadership skills including ability to enhance collaboration, inter / intra-team communication, and continuous process improvement. Ability to collaborate effectively and work closely with different departments internally
- Experience in refining/setting up a digital team - identifying resources, team structure definitions etc.
- Excellent people leadership skills including the ability to mentor and develop exceptional talent of greater levels of achievement and job satisfaction, including the ability to mentor junior managers.
- Sensitivity to budgets
- The incumbent should be mobile.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Digital Product Development and product management for HED portfolio
- Lead and manage the long-term strategy of the technology enabled products and services across B2C & B2B space
- Setup a digital product team for designing & managing the digital products
- Oversee the development of new online products, from its inception to its launch.
- Ability to work with internal & external stakeholders in understanding market requirements.
- Using market data to enhance both new & existing products
- Define/Improve processes for development.
- Strong understanding of P&L and financials.
- Act as a mediator between the consumers, sales and the technical teams, communicating consumer needs and translating those needs into new product features for the team to design.
- Develop a key account / solutions capability from a content / product / platforms perspective and support the sales team in their transformation journey.
- Conduct trainings for Portfolio & Sales team to orient them for the digital products
- Identify & work with vendors for various activities involved in digital product development
- Negotiation skills to get better pricing & timelines from vendors
- Driving a solution set from conception to implementation via product requirements, visual prototypes, and functional & design specifications.
- Delivery model responsibility includes purchase models, integrated course experience and design, integration of external learning applications and content services, and workflows of authoring and publishing of course-based products.
- Regularly communicate product development status and facilitate transparent change-management for the product roadmap.