Pearson - Deputy General Manager - Sales (10-15 yrs)
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
PTE Academic is the world's leading computer-based test of English for study abroad and immigration.
We are currently seeking a Market Development Executive to join our High Stakes English Assessment team to focus on our largest product, the PTE Academic test. We are looking to expand our Language Testing services significantly over the next 5 years and the role holder will be joining the team at an exciting time, with the opportunity to play a key part in shaping the strategic priorities of our business. The role has a truly international outlook, dealing with both internal and external stakeholders across the world.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
Business Development :
- Build market for PTE product across assigned region
- To develop and manage strategic partnerships and negotiate commercial deals with stakeholders including education and migration agents, commercial and academic language/test prep providers, employers, and others.
- Drive candidate test and Courseware volumes through localized sales and marketing campaigns.
- Establish relationship and support with professional partners in the preparation of their students to take PTE Academic.
- Manage existing channels and Identify prospects for further channel expansion
Marketing Support :
- Support region marketing plan including attending conferences, events and delivering local surveys.
- Proactively position PTE Academic and expand brand and product awareness and understanding with key external stakeholders
- Support sales and marketing initiatives of regional partners across regions.
Customer Services :
- Effectively meeting customer needs building productive customer relationships taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Set exemplary standards in customer care/service ensuring that high standards are met in delivery and service of our test.
Team Management :
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assign weekly performance goals and ensure their completion, and accomplish your own goals
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve objectives for sales, profitability, and market share
- Delegate responsibilities to the best-qualified employees and enforce all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Working with the Director - ELL India advise regions on appropriate partnership opportunities and the development of any related agreements, ensuring these align with global strategic objectives, the PTE Academic Operating Model and general operational requirements for test delivery
- Providing strategic support in the identification of opportunities for growth in specified priority Regions
- Understand nature, size and segmentation of market opportunity
- Define key stakeholders and ways of engagement
- Identify marketing and promotional activities needed
- Establish operational plans to develop the market
- Maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues involved in operations, ensuring geography needs are being met with regard to operational activities/requirements for successful delivery of PTE Academic
Candidate Profile :
- Proven success in a managerial role
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to achieve financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Academically Sound in the subject matter
- Should have knowledge of market competition
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience in Secure language testing business or education and training industry is important.
- Minimum 10-12 years of work experience.
- Comfortable with a matrix organizational structure
- Ability to work independently