Senior Manager Talent Acquisition at Pearson
Views:4915 Applications:448 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Pearson - Deputy General Manager/Head - Digital Marketing & eCommerce (12-15 yrs)
Job Purpose :
The Head of digital and eCommerce is responsible for the strategic direction and sales performance of Pearson India online business and scaling it to a INR 100 Crore business vertical. This encompasses in.pearson.com and related domains, online marketplaces in India and Global online sales for Pearson products like eBooks.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate strong commercial acumen. You will be able to demonstrate a solid background in acquisition and retention marketing. Have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be able to work with many stakeholders both locally and internationally. As a dynamic leader you will possess the skills to motivate and lead your team to success.
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities :
- This role is responsible for delivery of annual Pearson India's Digital & ecommerce revenue target.
- Managing eCommerce presence in marketplaces across India, monitoring order flow and implementing efficiency and quality improvements
- Working closely with the Senior Management of Pearson in India and Globally to identify market opportunities and create the product vision and strategy for the company's eCommerce operations.
- Curation of Marketplace offerings based on strategic thinking, theme ideation and assortment proposals
- Establish detailed KPIs to track and report on both financial and qualitative performance. Transform data into actionable insights and recommendations, identifying the levers of customer acquisition and retention behavior.
- Bring new ideas and innovative approaches to digital experiences to drive growth and conversion.
- Ensure alignment with global brand vision whilst maintaining local relevance
- Understanding true channel performance, and using this to recommend channel-specific cost-per-acquisition targets that result in a strong return-on-advertising-spend
- Using a strong understanding of customer online journeys to identify key opportunities to drive improvements in conversion.
- Working with Product & Content to plan and deliver against these improvements, and reporting on the impact of such work
- Additionally Develop, recommend and lead the execution of local marketing plans/programs for assigned business vertical/s and manage the effective deployment of marketing budget along with the business head.
Key Relationships :
- Sales, RM- / BMs/ABMs/ Product
- Other marketing functions : Product marketing, Brand marketing, PR, Technology
- Agencies : Digital, Creative
- Partners : Third Party Marketplace Teams
Knowledge and Skills :
- MBA Marketing from a premier institute with 12+ years of experience with minimum 8 years of experience in Digital marketing or performance marketing. Minimum of 3 years of leading eCommerce revenues across platforms
- Experience on selling with Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and on own website
- Overseeing any digital marketing agencies relationships, setting clear objectives, targets and commercials, and ensuring close monitoring and feedback on performance
- Track record of successfully implementing Search Marketing, Paid Social, managing Affiliates and running Display campaigns in a global environment, across multiple channels
- Experience of developing opportunities in various global markets and delivering aggressive growth in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability of creating campaigns that deliver increased traffic and revenue
- Proven experience of tracking and reporting on successful ROI
- Strong understanding of the commercial aspects of SEM (including technical SEO)
- Deep understanding of digital marketing best practice
Personal Attributes :
- You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and innovations in the digital marketing space.
- Ability to influence is a critical skill for success and the successful candidate must be able to build strong brand partnerships across the business, across affiliates and within the retailer environment.
- Ability to collaborate across functions and brands
- Comfortable with ambiguity : if you don't have all the details, you're comfortable moving forward and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivate you to evolve and innovate.
- Goal oriented : you combine vision, mission, and strategy into a cohesive outcome and are comfortable setting stretch goals for you and your team.
- A mix of hands-on collaborative leadership ability, analytical / problem-solving skills, entrepreneurial can-do spirit, and grit.
And what you'll enjoy :
- A competitive compensation plan and benefits
- A collaborative environment with a supportive leadership team
- The opportunity to contribute to a wildly fun and disruptive growth sector