PayU - Privacy Manager (4-7 yrs)
The Role :
To support all entities forming part of PayU India group of companies in their growth plans that include building a global privacy framework, PayU India is looking for a Privacy Manager, with preferably a strong background in FinTech, banking, NBFCs and e-commerce. As a Privacy Manager in India, you will provide privacy support to all entities forming part of PayU India, working alongside PayU India's Regional Privacy Officer. You form an integral part of PayU Global's growing and dynamic Global Privacy team with regular and close interaction and collaboration.
Key Responsibilities :
- Providing local law advice on privacy compliance, including on operational issues;
- Implementing PayU Global's privacy program for PayU entities in India;
- Identifying privacy issues and risks that may affect PayU's businesses (and ensuring that PayU is properly advised concerning those issues);
- Conducting privacy assessments of, and review and validate, new and existing products and services;
- Drafting and developing internal policies/guidelines and procedures as may be required;
- Creating various awareness-raising tools and training local business functions and local staff functions on privacy policies and initiatives as required;
- Advising on privacy and data protection incident notification and customer remediation as required regionally;
- Providing responses to requests from data subjects and monitoring employee and customer privacy complaints;
- Negotiating contracts with merchants, payment mechanism providers and suppliers;
- Monitoring local privacy and data protection regulations and industry practices; and
- Coordinating various privacy initiatives with different teams, including stakeholder management.
Education, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be an independent, result oriented, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, international, dynamic, and diverse environment. A bachelor level law degree from a reputed law school in India is essential. Any additional qualifications such as those in relation to privacy will be a plus.
- Minimum 4 years experience of legal practice in a law firm and/or as an in-house privacy counsel or a combination of both.
- Past privacy experience, including implementation of a privacy program, and knowledge of EU's General Data Protection Regulation, will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and priority setting skills, and demonstrated ability to handle and complete several projects simultaneously within defined timelines.
The ideal candidate will:
- Always work with a positive and proactive approach, including driving processes in a complex environment.
- Be a team player: able to build bridges and be principled at the same time.
- Be efficient, punctual, responsible, transparent, reliable and accountable.
About PayU :
PayU is a global organisation providing cutting edge online and mobile payment services supported by innovative technological platforms, high functionality, stable development and a wide and constantly extended offering across multiple countries, including India. PayU also has consumer facing businesses in India that include wallets (prepaid payment instruments) and digital/ online credit. PayU India's B2B and consumer businesses are growing and are expected to grow at a rapid pace.