Recruiter at PayU
Views:4276 Applications:1213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1186
PayU - Director - Sales (9-14 yrs)
Title: Director Sales
Exp: 9 years to 14 Yrs.
Education: Bachelor / Master's degree
Location - Mumbai
- PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
- Our local operations span 18 growth markets across Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa. Here we deliver fast, simple and efficient financial services technology that unlocks access to more than 2.3 billion consumers in our regions.
- Regulated under the Reserve Bank of India, PayU India has advanced solutions to meet every digital payment need. The company has an in-depth understanding of the vast and intricate details of the Indian market and its payment landscape. The company brings convenience and trust through continuous innovation leveraging technology.
- PayU India forays into two business verticals - payment offerings under PayU Payments Services Ltd. and alternate lending under PayU Finance. Headquartered in Sohna Road, Gurgaon, the company has a presence in Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore and has a total strength of 700+ employees. Anirban Mukherjee is the CEO for PayU India working with the global CEO Laurent Le Moal.
- Under the aegis of PayU Payments Services Ltd., PayU provides payment gateway solutions to online businesses through its cutting-edge and award-winning technology. In India, PayU covers nearly 60% of the airline business and 90% of the entire e-commerce business and processes over INR 120,000 crores worth of digital payments annually (at current run rates). The company offers more than 70 local payment methods and serves more than 350,000 merchants including leading e-commerce businesses in India. The company also empowers SMBs, enabling them to accept mobile and online payments with minimum development effort.
- With credit being the key business priority, PayU has also developed LazyPay, an alternate lending platform to offer credit solutions such as Small Ticket Credit (Buy Now, Pay Later), App based personal loans and Point of Sale Credit (Merchant EMI). Since its launch in 2017, LazyPay has gained significant traction and has disbursed 20mn+ loans to a customer base of a million user.
- PayU is bullish on investment opportunities in India. The company has been an aggressive investor, committed to the evolution of fintech in the country. PayU has spent about $250 million over the past three years in Asia's third-largest economy and is further scouting for more lucrative investment and acquisition opportunities to fuel growth.
- PayU's acquisitions in India include that of Wibmo (April 2019 worth $70 mn) and Citrus Payment Solutions (September 2016 for $130 mn). PayU has also invested in PaySense (July 2018) and ZestMoney (December 2016) in India.
- Guide sales force to arrive at optimal team structure and composition. Ensure that the team are motivated towards work and are at their optimal productivity level.
- Collaborate & work closely with Business teams. Understand the short term and long term needs of the business and plan ahead for any resourcing needs.
- Help prioritize the goals for the functional unit within the organisation. Set both short term and long term goals for the teams individually and together.
- Work with other business leaders & contribute positively to sales practices and standards within the company. Unlock opportunities for achieving sales efficiency across the organisational units.
- Be responsible for growing sales team and individual contributors in your team. Provide constant and constructive feedback to the managers.
- Promote the top performers, offer them opportunities to grow, ensure they are prepared for bigger roles.
- Be a role model for all the sales managers and heads in your team.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in building the most advanced Consumer Lending platform and future of payment with the largest fintech in India.
- Lead a sales team committed and passionate about onboarding client partners with innovative payment solutions.
- Owning sales targets overall and within accounts. Developing and implementing a strategic plan to achieve the same.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships and be a partner to customers to understand their needs and objectives.
- New Customer Acquisition in the Government & Compulsive sector.
- Consistently achieve revenue targets in line with team/organizational objectives.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- To understand customer requirements in the geography assigned and future product portfolio improvement based on past customer feedback.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Passion towards building a large consumer fintech business
- Proven sales experience of meeting or exceeding targets and interact with all levels of client organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, drive and implement sales strategy and process with a client-centric approach.
- In-depth knowledge about Digital Payments, Fintech Industry
- We should have around 9-14 years of experience.
- Continuously research and remain knowledgeable of industry trends and competition
- Should be open with traveling across the region.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven sales experience in specified territories and verticals.
- Able to drive customer centricity in the team.
- Quick learner, adaptable to changing business needs.
So what do we offer?
- A Competitive salary, including benefits
- Modern offices with individual working spaces
- Exceptional projects
- Awesome teams that love finding ways of making things better, faster, stronger
- Interesting growth prospects