Paytm - General Manager - Compliance - CA/CS/LLB/LLM (12-15 yrs)
About Us :
Paytm is India's leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks' financial instruments. To further enhance merchants' business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team :
Paytm payment gateway enables thousands of online merchants to offer world class frictionless payment experience to their customers. We are present across large enterprises and startups including well known unicorns alike. We strive to take payments beyond an enabler and an instrument to drive revenue and user growth for our merchants. Online Payment Gateway is Paytm's B2B Business regulated by RBI as it allows only authorized entities to conduct PA PG (Payment Aggregator Payment Gateway) business. This team is responsible for growing the penetration of Paytm's PA PG business in the Indian merchants.
About the role :
- We are looking for a self-motivated person, who can drive regulatory requirements working across the functions, understand and provide expertise on regulations. Having working knowledge on regulations from various regulators such as RBI, NPCI, etc.
- Understanding of payment systems and regulations will provide an edge to the candidate. The candidate should be independently handle and run regulatory projects within stipulated timelines.
- The candidate should have ability to interact effectively with the regulators such as RBI, NPCI, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out assessment and prepare senior management reports.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to interpret regulations and have strong networking skills.
Expectations/ Requirements :
1. Responsible for developing, setting up, maintaining and operating an effective compliance management in the organization.
2. Maintenance of compliance framework in line with the regulatory framework.
3. To ensure regulatory compliance of day to day operations in the Company including reviewing product program, drafting policies, conducting compliance testing and preparing compliance testing reports etc.
4. To ensure compliance with all the laws, rules, regulations, circulars, directive etc applicable to a Payment system operator, knowledge about Banking and mon-banking regulations including applicable RBI circulars,
5. Implementation of compliance calendar with respect to the various provisions of Company Law, Rules and Regulations, Corporate Governance Code, RBI guidelines, and provisions of various laws, rules and regulations as may be applicable to the company.
6. To ensure compliance with the company's internal policies and procedures including the code of conduct.
7. To keep the business and relevant stakeholders updated on the new amendments, circulars, change in regulations etc.
8. Ensure appropriate Quality Control processes are implemented for assessing performance quality as per benchmarks.
9. Experience in conducting Compliance Risk Assessment, testing compliance controls.
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role :
1. CS or MBA + LLB would be added advantage
2. Overall 12+ years of experience in which at least 5+ yrs in NBFC Compliance roles.
3. Should be familiar with Indian regulatory landscape i.e. RBI and FIU
4. 3-5 yrs in Indian banking background highly desirable.
5. Audit experience will be plus
6. Proficient in MS Office (Word/ Excel/PowerPoint)
7. Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
8. Good command over both spoken and written English.
Educational Qualifications Required: CA/CS or LLM/LLB would be preferred
Why join us :
We give immense opportunities to make a difference and have a great time doing that.
You are challenged and encouraged here to do meaning work for yourself and customers/clients
We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants - and we are committed to it. India's largest digital lending story is brewing here. It's your opportunity to be a part of the story!