Paytm - Business Lead - Startups & Online Merchants (10-15 yrs)
Business Lead - Startups and Online Merchants
Paytm is India's leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks' financial instruments. To further enhance merchants' business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the team:
Paytm payment gateway enables thousands of online merchants to offer world class frictionless payment experience to their customers. We are present across large enterprises and startups including well known unicorns alike. We strive to take payments beyond an enabler and an instrument to drive revenue and user growth for our merchants. Online Payment Gateway is Paytm's B2B Business regulated by RBI as it allows only authorized entities to conduct PA PG (Payment Aggregator Payment Gateway) business. This team is responsible for growing the penetration of Paytm's PA PG business in the Indian merchants.
About the role :
We are looking for an inspiring, customer-obsessed leader to own the growth of new merchant acquisition business and lead a team of business development managers and strategic partner managers to grow Paytm's payment gateway penetration in the fast growing online payment space.
As a Business Leader, you will spearhead demand generation by developing strategic relationships with large and mid-size organizations and startups that could use Paytm Suite of Business products (Payments, Ads, Loyalty etc.) for their growth. You will be onboarding organizations like e-commerce companies(D2C), food delivery platforms, logistics companies, fintech partners etc. You will also be the face of Paytm in the startup ecosystem and would be responsible to drive partnerships across VCs, Incubators, Industry partners and Government bodies with an aim to influence new startups to adopt Paytm of business products. In addition, this leader will partner closely with marketing and operations to shape the Go-to-market for Paytm suite of business products and build an operating rhythm of data-driven planning, execution, and performance management across the sales programs.
- Own revenue generation via B2B direct sales, partnerships and referrals with the startup ecosystem (VC, Government bodies, Incubators etc.)
- Lead a team of 8-10 Business development managers and Strategic partner managers to drive acquisitions Mid-market and Funded startups in the digital ecosystem
- Drive overall new merchant acquisition growth in partnership with marketing and operations, scale up customer acquisition through DIY channels, define goals and measurement frameworks to inform planning, execution, and performance management including establishing forums to facilitate learning and improvement within Sales and with cross-functional partners.
- Drive business outcomes in coordination with the multiple stakeholders across the business (e.g., Ops, Marketing, Account Management, Support) to drive continuous improvement on operating metrics on a portfolio of projects
- Manage the design and execution of inbound sales & go-to-market strategy for marketing, onboarding, piloting, scaling, and optimization of scaled sales programs for onboarding online merchants on Payment Gateway and Payment Links
- Set clear objectives and measures. Monitor & drive progress, productivity, and results. Drive business review cadence and develop reporting frameworks to facilitate alignment, learning and improvement, and accountability
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- A minimum of 10+ years of strategy / B2B Sales / consulting / B2B marketing or related experience with 6+ years of experience in managing and developing sales and business teams
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen. Aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and executing tactics and process improvements.
- Experience with Sales GTM - acquisition, account management, and support processes, systems (e.g., CRM, reporting), and datasets. Geek out in understanding the sales funnel and sales operations best practices
- Experience in developing and managing programs with high proficiency in process design and optimization, project management, cross-functional buy-in, piloting and evaluation, and rollout/adoption
- Self-starter with a collaborative orientation; empathetic and leans in and embraces rolling up your sleeves (process mapping, data cleansing, debugging/commenting code, documentation); skilled at project and process management to balance between urgent and important requests; thrives on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust. Strong references from former employers and business partners; passion for building relationships
Why join us:
We give immense opportunities to make a difference, and have a great time doing that.
You are challenged and encouraged here to do meaning work for yourself and customers/clients
We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people's collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants - and we are committed to it. India's largest digital lending story is brewing here. It's your opportunity to be a part of the story!
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.