Senior recruiter at Live Connections
Views:507 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Payroll Specialist - IT (5-10 yrs)
US Payroll Specialist
- Payroll Processing -Performs methodological review of payroll data primarily input by payroll analyst based on established procedures to ensure payrolls are processed timely and accurately Perform web based approvals for employee database changes relating to life changes; direct deposit; address; salary; manager; department; etc.
- Verifies payroll import files (time, earnings, and additional pay) created match source documents received
- Process payroll adjustments related to taxable relocation, wages and taxes
- Inspect various automated system output reports such as payroll registers and standard reports pre/post payroll to determine correctness of transactions and follow-up as needed
- Prepare and file tax/payroll reports outside of 3rd party vendor responsibility
- Analyze involuntary deductions such as garnishments and provide information to HR Enterprise vendor
- Calculate, prepare and upload various payroll related general ledger entries to PeopleSoft
- Analyze employee records to confirm proper set up of location; salary; taxes; etc. and partner with 3rd party vendor to correct
- Proficiently communicate payroll accounting related transactional information to those requiring and authorized to have the information
- Research and interpret federal, state and local regulatory requirements to assure firm's compliance and resolve tax, withholding and garnishment related issues'
- Partner with 3rd party vendor regarding state unemployment notices to verify employment/pay data and perform follow-up as necessary
- Provide quarterly assistance to Payroll manager during Sarbanes-Oxley Payroll Testing Reporting assist in providing responses to auditing, regulatory or other inquiries via reports/analysis as needed
- Performs as a back-up for Payroll Analyst duties as needed
- Provide customer service and support to employees in collaboration with Payroll Manager develop, document, analyze and evaluate existing payroll policies, procedures and business processes.
- Assist Payroll Manager in drafting, proposing and implementing changes and/or quality control measures leading to best practice payroll operations, coordinate with Human Resources/Payroll team to ensure internal control environment is in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.