PayMate - Risk Manager (4-7 yrs)
Lead projects to identify technical, functional, operational, and compliance risks, and drive projects to remediate issues, including technical and process fixes. You will work with teams across PayMate to track remediation, resolve issues, and report progress.
- Manage the Finance Technology control framework.
- Maintain a prioritized roadmap to address gaps and improve control design and testing practices.
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation, which includes an analysis of various types of risks on the company
- Performing a risk assessment: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that may be affecting the product/company.
- Development of clearly defined policies and procedures for risk management especially exceptions to approvals/reject review pools, fraud cases
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and compliance function
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company.
Bachelors or Master's in Economics, Financial Management, Accounting or similar
- Strong understanding of credit and operational risk, legal, credit and market risks across the full range of products and processes.
- Prior experience of designing and implementing risk management processes preferably from finance/banking/fintech domain.
- Ability to work in teams from a diverse cultural background.
- Well-developed analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess - can-do- attitude and a strong drive to take initiative and complete the tasks.
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration.
- Should be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Should be able to work in the fast paced startup environment.
- Openly accept personal feedback and provide feedback to the management.