Talent Acquisition Specialist at Path
Views:84 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
PATH - Market Shaping Officer - HEPC3P (5-10 yrs)
Market Shaping Officer - HEPC3P
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world's most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions-including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
For more information log onto www.path.org
Hepatitis C Combination Prevention in People Who Inject Drugs and Prisoners (HepC3P) is a four-year program funded by Unitaid and led by PATH to improve access to tools to prevent Hepatitis C (HCV) in marginalized populations. The specific objectives of this program are to 1) demonstrate the feasibility and impact of improving access to tools to prevent transmission of HCV, 2) increase affordable access to HCV prevention tools, specifically long-acting buprenorphine (LAB), which is a new formulation opioid agonist therapy and low dead space syringes (LDSS) and 3) facilitate the integration of these tools into relevant services or settings in low- and middle-income countries. The focus of these efforts will be people who inject drugs (PWID) and/or prison populations. HepC3P will include program implementation, evidence generation, market shaping/strengthening, and research utilization to influence scale-up and will take place in five countries (India, Ukraine, Nigeria, South Africa, and Vietnam). HepC3P will also coordinate with two other Unitaid-funded programs implementing in additional geographies.
PATH is seeking a Market Shaping Officer to drive the market strengthening/shaping related work streams in the HepC3P program. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing market interventions that enable affordable access to HCV prevention tools (e.g., LAB and LDSS) in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). A strong candidate will be a strategic thinker and practical implementer with a robust understanding of market access, health systems, public policy, economics, and be able to collect, analyze and understand data. This project will involve close collaboration with donors, manufacturers, internal and external technical advisors, and multilateral health organizations such as the WHO. The work is extremely fast paced and requires a dedicated individual with a can-do attitude. The Market Shaping Officer will report to the Technical Director of the HepC3P project as well as the Senior Market Dynamics Officer, while working closely with an international team of internal and external collaborators, including PATH's Commercial Strategy and Strategic Engagement Senior Advisor.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and oversee implementation of interventions that incentivize manufacturers of LAB and LDSS to produce and make available in LMICs at affordable prices.
- Lead primary and secondary market research, either directly or indirectly through collaboration with PATH's in-country staff and implementing partners to gather market intelligence, identify bottlenecks and recommend market intervention strategies to improve product uptake and adoption of key HCV prevention tools.
- Lead development and dissemination of market assessment and business case, including building demand forecast and pricing analysis for LAB and LDSS
- Conduct business negotiations for reduced pricing and market access terms with key manufacturers and global organizations (e.g., Global Fund) in collaboration with PATH Senior Technical and Legal Advisors to secure products for research studies and establish long-term market access agreements for key HCV prevention tools in LMICs.
- Collaborate with external organizations such as WHO and Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) to assess feasibility and pathway for key program objectives relating to WHO Prequalification (PQ) and generic manufacturing for long-acting buprenorphine.
- Liaise with PATH syringe/vaccine project, external manufacturer advisor and country to advance program objectives related to local manufacturing of LDSS.
- Provide technical assistance to project leads in each country to inform and support decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Act as key interface with global partner organizations such as WHO, the Global Fund, and UNICEF, manufacturers, and government representatives.
- Represent PATH at key conferences/global events.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of experts in PATH and externally.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Health, or equivalent advanced degree
- Minimum five years in market analysis, healthcare, management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience.
- Solid technical knowledge of market access/analytics, such as:
- Developing and launching market access strategies for health products (e.g., pharmaceutical products, medical devices). Particularly in developing countries or emerging markets.
- Building, implementing, and analyzing market research studies and quantitative models to inform global or developing country decision-making, e.g., demand forecasts and pricing analysis.
- Ability to identify key trends from complex and ambiguous datasets.
- Ability to synthesize project findings and translate into programmatic and policy recommendations.
- Strong understanding of global health organizations and donor such as the WHO, Unitaid, the Global Fund, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain close and effective relationships with country representatives and partnering organizations at local, national, and international levels.
- Direct experience working in low- or middle-income countries a plus.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Self-starter and able to navigate ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations while balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to approximately 20% of the time.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Experience with analytics software (e.g., R or STATA) a plus.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.