Talent Acquisition Specialist at Path
Views:111 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
PATH - Communication Officer (4-6 yrs)
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world's most pressing health challenges.
Since 1978, PATH has been working with public and private partners in India to develop local solutions, support homegrown innovation, and share our technical expertise. PATH develops, introduces, and scales up cutting-edge technologies and methodologies to tackle existing diseases and emerging health concerns. A few of our many successes in India include finding new methods to deliver nutritious food to schoolchildren, creating and implementing successful public-private partnership models to combat diseases, and expanding access to lifesaving vaccines for new mothers and their infants.
PATH is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter professional with a 'will do attitude' to work with the Communications team and support PATH's program in South Asia Hub (India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Myanmar). As part of a cross cutting Communication team, the Communication Officer will be responsible for ideating, planning, writing, editing, delivering, managing and evaluating content on PATH's activities and projects for various audiences and channels, including supporting activities with events, media and digital engagement.
The selected profile will get an opportunity to operate in a zestful and evolving environment to contribute to a growing portfolio of impactful work in public health space. In addition, the role would also be an interface with the global teams and country offices in PATH as well as external stakeholders including key donors, partners and government agencies.
For more information visit our website : www.path.org
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop engaging communication strategies and content for PATH's various stakeholders, audiences and channels, both online and offline, to achieve key communication objectives by focusing on (but not limited to) achievement of the following results:
- Create content that aids communication and influencing efforts, both short- and long-term.
- Lead the creation of blogs, project brochures, fact sheets, articles, success stories, pitch decks, talking points and other communication assets.
- Help develop a functional content and digital calendar to ensure a regular content flow for various needs and the organization's digital channels.
- Produce and post content on multiple social media platforms and channels .
- Support in organizing events along with event collaterals like talking points, presentation decks, banners, etc. as per the project's requirements.
- Be an arbiter and creator of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style for the organization.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of the organization's style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for different channels and audiences of content, including online, social media, email, video and print.
- Ensure all communication material in line with the donor's branding and marking policy.
- Maintain content inventories, including photo, video and design assets.
- Provide advice, guidance and training on the effective creation, use and dissemination of content to project staff.
- Support development of strategic communication collaterals that cater to PATH's positioning.
- Work closely with program teams to gauge communication needs and pre-empt communication related work.
- Any other work as assigned and needed.
Educational Qualifications and professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role. Experience in working with international NGOs will be an asset.
- Post-graduate degree in English/Journalism/Mass Communication.
- Flair for creating compelling content that can engage and influence different audiences from technical updates, reports and case studies.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communication strategies for digital platforms informed by insights gleaned from content analytics and audience analysis.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English. Similar skills in Hindi and other vernaculars will be preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, adaptable and able to work as part of a cross-cutting and multicultural team.
- Open to travel to project sites for extended periods if required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in India.
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.