Senior Manager at TrustKlub Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1211 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
Partner - Law Firm (10-24 yrs)
At present we are having an important position for a PARTNER role for a Reputed Law Firm for Mumbai location.
The position is of a Profit Center Head Role in which the incumbent will be responsible for entire operations of the Mumbai branch.
Key responsibilities -
- Establishes organizational strategies by contributing opinions and substantiation to the firm's strategic thinking and direction; creating functional strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes operational strategies by evaluating trends; defining critical measurements; establishing production, productivity, quality, and client-service strategies; evaluating service results; defining systems objectives; accumulating resources; establishing change strategies.
- Establishes financial strategies by forecasting and anticipating requirements and trends; distributing monetary resources; evaluating results.
- Creates understanding and positive image of the firm by building relationships; maintaining credibility; providing information to the legal community, media, government, and the public; building legal staff and employee commitment to the firm and the community; providing the firm's fair share of pro bono representations;
- Advise the clients on the aspects of criminal law, practice and procedures and have represented the clients in the matters relating to financial fraud and cheating, misappropriation of funds, criminal breach of trust.
- Strategized the litigation matters including the ones involving complex legal issues and issues crucial to dispute resolution such as law of limitation, jurisdiction of courts, injunctions, cause of action, liquidated damages, penalties, indemnity, termination, etc.
- Regularly advise the clients on day-to-day legal issues relating to their corporate objectives, statutory, regulatory and operational aspects and conduct of business, such as:
- issues relating to specific enforcement of commercial contracts, penalty, direct and indirect damages and liquidated damages, anti-suit injunctions, breach of contract, etc.;
- issues relating to labour and employment laws such as non-compete conditions, non-solicitation, enforcement of employees post termination obligations, issues relating to leave policy, leave encashment, employee handbook/service rules and other general issues relating to the Shops and Establishments Act and harassment cases by employees;
- Generates revenues by attracting and pleasing clients; obtaining new referrals from existing and past clients.
- Increases revenues by exploring new and additional services; developing and presenting cost-benefit analyses of new and additional services to Senior Partners.
- Maintains stability by establishing and communicating a law firm value system; enforcing ethical legal practices; inspiring service excellence.
- Prevents disruptive conflicts by observing and resolving disagreements among specialty groups and between service areas; remaining objective; identifying root causes of internal problems; implementing pragmatic solutions; promoting harmonious work relationships.
- Updates job knowledge by creating state-of-the-art practices within the firm; providing leadership in educational and professional organizations; being sought as a subject-matter expert; contributing to professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances firm reputation by doing anything and everything legally, ethically, and morally appropriate to assist the firm in helping clients and potential clients.
- Accomplishes firm human resource strategies by determining law firm structure; establishing, communicating, and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; establishing compensation strategies.