Partner - Direct Tax - Global CA Firm (14-30 yrs)
The role :
- Senior leadership role in Direct Tax Advisory practice covering Direct Taxation, Corporate tax, Transfer pricing and International tax for clients serviced by Mumbai Office.
- The incumbent will handle tribunal representation, international tax planning and transaction structuring projects, corporate tax, foreign investment consulting, Company law, Exchange control and Employee taxation matters.
- Hire, nurture & build talent of high caliber and the right technical competencies in the team.
- Network with peers in the Firm and leverage organization-wide synergies to enhance its- image and grow the business through integrated delivery, professional excellence, sustained client trust and consistent client satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead multiple projects through team to deliver within tight timeframe and deadline
- Advising clients on complex tax matters and international tax issues relating to cross border transactions, Indian corporate tax issues and foreign exchange issues relating to import/ exports of goods, cross - border payments, cross - border settlements, etc.
- Lead tax engagements. Effectively manage team on submissions, assessment and appeal hearings before the CIT(A) and Tribunals.
- Build & nurture an effective working relationship with Tax authorities, business & functional heads and ensure close involvement of the local & international tax teams and external service providers.
- Lead fee negotiations and discussions on scope for business across clientele
- Steer Tax risk management and assurance processes and ensure strict adherence to SOPs
- Perform the required Business Intelligence and ensure being abreast on Industry Best Practices in Direct Tax, technical transfer pricing solutions and policies.
- Proactively advising clients on strategic issues and providing them with a perspective on global trends and emerging practices significant to their business operations
- Identifying business opportunities and with new/ existing clients and build key account relationships
- Build the firm's market visibility and client experience by creating & maintaining strong independent relationships with clients.
- Train the immediate line of managers in propagating a culture of Identifying business potential, cross - selling other products of the firm besides Direct Tax, though strong internal and external networking.
- Act as a custodian of Quality and Delivery and as a Team mentor, ensure compliance of all aspects of direct taxation
Key Skills and Competencies :
- Expertise in Direct taxation, industry best practices and Indian & International Tax laws. Should have basic knowledge of allied laws such as Companies Act, FEMA, etc.
- Strong financial or statistical analytical abilities
- Strong industry network and business acquisition skills
- Excellent Mentoring, leadership, decision-making & inter-personal skills
- Effective communication and ability to articulate and cascade the vision and values
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Team Management
- Able to maintain a multi-task focus
- Highly principled with strong ethics
- Attention to detail, practical approach to problems, client focused and commercial awareness.
- Self-Starter, independently set goals, objectives and priorities.