Human Resource at Parksons Packaging Ltd
Views:951 Applications:193 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Parksons Packaging - Head - Legal & Secretarial - CS + LLB (10-15 yrs)
Role : Head Legal & Secretarial
Position Title: Sr.Manager/AGM - Legal Secretarial
Department: Finance & Accounts
Reporting To: CFO
Education and Experience Required :10 to 15 yrs post LLB & CS. Must demonstrate successful tenure at senior level
Education: CS & LLB.
Basic Function :
- The role is responsible for leading the Legal and Secretarial functions within the organization. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to Secretarial and Corporate Governance requirements including company affairs, coordinating with Board of Directors and maintaining investor relationships.
- The role holder would ensure that Statutory Compliance of provisions of Companies Act, Corporate Governance Norms is complete and provide regular legal advice to internal customers and ensure adherence to all legal norms in day to day running of the organization.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS :
- Legal counsel to organization
- Documentation and drafting
- Compliance to Secretarial and Regulatory requirements
- Risk Management
- Contract Management
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Participate in strategic discussions with CFO to understand organisation business plans thereby legal and secretarial compliances expected from the organisation
- Provide Legal counsel to leadership on strategic initiatives presenting detailed scenario of the risks involved and the possible impact under each scenario
- Responsible for defining all systems and processes that needs to be followed within the department
- Responsible for representing all legal issues at Board level and provide advice on issue resolution
Legal Compliance :
- To oversee Sales & Purchase Agreements making sure that all legal matters are brought to attention of the management, suggest changes (if any)
- To prepare and ensure that accurate guidelines on various laws are applicable to the respective areas
- To supervise the wordings and filing procedures for all corporate lodgements to ensure accuracy pertaining to Company law, Insurance Act, Labour laws etc.
- To ensure timely preparation, drafting and vetting of documents for litigations
- To ensure timely drafting and validation of commercial agreements related to JVs, Sales promoters, C/F etc.
Risk Management & Contract Management:
- To manage the legal risks & contract management
- To proactively work towards mitigating risks emerging from legal recourse sought by Customers, Contractor, Sub Contracts and others
- Review all contracts where the Company has committed itself and notify management in case of any legal implication
- Prepare and review commercial contracts, supplier contracts, logistics contracts and outsourcing contracts to support various business activities
- Draft term sheets, MOUs, contract agreements, confidentiality agreements, leave license agreements, technical know-how agreements, facilitation/ services agreements, etc.
- To work closely with external consultants to ensure that all the document required towards compliance is finished on time and submitted to the concerned departments of government
- To devise an internal communication mechanism to ensure that communication pertaining to any particular case of any significant change in corporate law is shared with the senior team in the organization
- Mentor, provide operational leadership and technical guidance to the finance and accounting team, thereby developing a strong and competent team
- Lead and build a culture of high performance and employee engagement
- Motivate, counsel and coach employees to ensure a conducive working environment
- To do succession planning for self and critical roles in the team
Insurance: The position is responsible for driving the entire insurance activities for the organization