Assistant Manager at Oyo Rooms
Views:3932 Applications:121 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:83
OYO Rooms - Head - Transformation - IIT/NICMAR (4-7 yrs)
OYO has been at the forefront of innovation in the travel and living accommodation sector and is, today, India's largest network of branded hotels and living spaces.
OYO Living is a strategic move into the market of the homes to provide modern, functional, cozy and hassle free move-ins for long term rentals to the young Indian population so that they can concentrate upon things that really matter, while we take care of their accomodation.
Transformation forms the backbone of our core value promise of providing standardized experience. Before any new hotel/home is on-boarded on OYO's platform, it has to undergo a - transformation- essentially an exhaustive check or makeover that is required to become an OYO. - Transformers- as people who work in this function as passionately referred to as, are the custodians of standardization for OYO.
The role of our Project Managers entails ensuring Transformation and standardization of OYO's properties in the hub, ensuring that projects are completed with strict adherence to time, quality and costs. A Project Manager will engage with all concerned stakeholders like Business development, General Managers, Procurement, project management companies, vendors and other internal support teams to plan and schedule the Transformation and launch of properties. He will be working on both greenfield/brown field projects to launch OYO properties across cities.
The role of our project manager entails overall responsibility of launch of OYO's new ventures. The role spans over initiation to handover the property for business operations and ensuring that projects are completed with strict adherence to time, quality and costs. Managing relevant resources to achieve profitable and cost efficient launches. A project manager will engage with all concerned stakeholders like business general managers, project management companies, contractors, vendors and other internal support teams to plan and schedule the launch of OYO properties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Efficiently conducting audits assigned in their respective cities within agreed TAT by coordinating with relevant stakeholders
- Advice correct scope of work, cost and time estimates of every property audited by assessment of the audit outputs
Project execution :
- Preparing BOQ as per OYO standards and negotiating with vendors to achieve best possible market rates.
- Project planning, site execution and monitoring of entire site independently from initiation to handover.
- Understanding detailed drawings submitted by Architect/Design team and ensuring work done as per drawings on site.
- Placing order to procurement team as per requirements and ensuring timely delivery and installation of material.
- Monitoring and reporting progress of the projects and taking necessitated action to ensure time deadlines are met
- Ensuring that the project effectively satisfies the quality as per standards defined and safety levels
- Hands-on experience required to proactively identify and work towards mitigating key risks associated with project execution
- Take autonomous, data-driven decisions and ensure cost reduction and quality control.
Stakeholder management :
- Engage in constant communication with all the involved stakeholders to identify and solve bottlenecks, find and adopt best practices, strengthen the launch process
- Ensuring all support departments and vendors are aligned for the launches as per deadlines
- Identify, negotiate and liaise with vendors / contractors for services and materials
- Ensure harmonious relationships are maintained between all the stakeholders
Team management :
- Managing a team of experienced and motivated team members based on project requirements
- Identifying training requirements of personnel to complement their learning and growth within the function as well as the organization
- Effectively delegate work and maintain forward motion on key deliverables
Risk Management :
- Hands-on leadership required to proactively identify and working towards mitigating key business risks associated with launch operations
- Ability to hustle and on-the-feet thinking required for creative problem solving in new situations
- Preferred Civil engineer from Tier 1 colleges like IIT or management diplomas from colleges like NICMAR.
- More than 4 years of hands on experience with construction project management or real estate companies
- Go-getter attitude with high on ownership and ability to deliver results under pressure and within deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proficient in business and technical writing
- Capable of working in complex environment and multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.