Talent Partner at ONE SAVING BANK
Views:580 Applications:149 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
OSB Group - Lead - Legal (12-19 yrs)
- Deliver an excellent and efficient legal service to the Group, primarily advising under Indian law with some advice under English law as required, including via BAU advice, legal input to strategic projects, effective management of legal risk and effective budget management;
- Provide effective legal advice to the Group on a broad range of legal practice areas [including contracts/outsourcing/IT, real estate, financial services regulatory (mortgages and savings), employment, litigation, finance];
- Support the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary (GC) to deliver Board and Executive strategic objectives for the Legal team (and to an extent the Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) and Company Secretariat (CoSec) teams as required) and other strategic projects as required;
- Provide the Legal, CoSec and ESG Senior Leadership Team, GC, ExCo, Board and associated Committees with effective MI reporting and effective upward communication;
- Scope and deliver key Legal team strategic projects and efficiencies with the overall objective of increasing Legal team productivity and value aligned with the Group's UK legal operations (e.g. integration, practice management, work-type review and outsourcing/insourcing mix);
- Report effectively to and attend various Group Committees and Board as required;
- Ensure regular Legal and functional team meetings are run with a focus on knowledge-sharing, practical actions arising, and team development;
- Manage Indian Legal budget and headcount effectively, including via effective external Panel selection and management, recruitment (where necessary and approved) and overflow support;
- Ensure that you and your team fully understand and comply with the organisation's Risk Management Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do.
- Ensure that you and your functional team fully understand and comply with the organisation's Data Governance Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you treat data as an important corporate asset which must be protected and managed.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management,