Head - Human Resources at Orios Venture Advisors
Views:996 Applications:251 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Orios Venture Advisors - Chief Financial Officer (15-20 yrs)
OriosAdvisors LLP(Orios) is an Indian Seed Stage Venture Capital firm. Currently investing from our Fund II, with a focus on tech investments across consumer and B2B for the Indian market. We have 3 partners and a VP who leads investments.
Some of our well-known investments are Pharmeasy, Country Delight, LetsMD, BeatO, GoMechanic, Zupee.
The fund's founding team are experienced investors since 2008, and pre Orios investments include OlaCabs, Druva, Faballey, Box8, Unbxd and Jigsee.
We are well known for trend spotting and our maxim is #BackingMisfits.
Our strategy is to invest in selected companies and work closely with them. As a consequence, each investment lead works with no more than 4 to 6 companies at a time.
The current team comprises of 16 people, out of which 9 are in investing roles. For more details, you can visit some of our key members Linkedin:
We have offices in Mumbai, NCR and Bangalore.
Orios is looking for a CFO to join us in Mumbai. The role includes:
Internal (Fund & AMC):
- Manage accounting functions
- Review of statutory payments & filing of returns like Income Tax, TDS, Service tax, Professional Tax, et al.
- Compliance with Companies Act, LLP Act, AIF & SEBI regulation on timely basis.
- Compliance with Income Tax, TDS, GST, FEMA/RBI and any other applicable laws.
- Review quarterly and yearly report to Trustee.
- Review half yearly & yearly financial report.
- Review quarterly / half yearly unaudited valuation report & yearly audited valuation report.
- Review yearly PPM audit under SEBI and Tax Audit under IT Act.
- Review of tax return filing (IT, TDS, FATCA, GST, FEMA, etc.)
- Liaising with Auditors & Valuer.
- Liaising with Law Firms for SEBI work, agreement work or any legal matters.
- Liaising with bankers, government departments, consultants and vendors.
- Manage Cashflow& Treasury operation.
- Generate various Management reports on timely basis.
. Implement new processes, internal controls and policies to improve efficiency & rationalize costs.
External (Portfolio Entities / Investors):
- Review IC minutes and co-ordinate documentation process with Trustee.
- Leading due-diligence (legal & financial).
- Structuring of Deals.
- Review & Document definitive agreements.
- Post-investment monitoring of Investee companies.
- Review & Analysis of Portfolio Companies MIS and audited financial.
- Review of investor documentation and concerns.
- Accounting Standards (Indian / IFRS / US GAAP)
- Income Tax Act & TDS
- Indirect Taxes (GST)
- SEBI AIF Regulation
- The Companies Act / The Limited Liability Partnership Act
Requirements, Attributes and Experience -
- B.Com (Graduate) + CA (Chartered Accountant)
- Over 15 years with relevant experience with any AIF
- Worked in similar position of which at least 8 years in Funds
- Exposure to businesses esp. technology sector
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work under deadlines