Head - Human Resources at Orios Venture Advisors
Views:1742 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:139
Orios Venture Advisors - Associate/Senior Associate - Legal - LLB/CS (5-10 yrs)
Associate / Sr. Associate Legal
- Orios Venture Partners is a technology venture capital fund currently investing from our Fund III, with focus investments across consumer and B2B for the Indian market. We are 3 partners and a VP who leads investments.
- Some of our well-known investments are Pharmeasy, Country Delight, BeatO, GoMechanic, Zupee, Nazara, Mobikwik & Ixigo
- The fund's founding team are experienced investors since 2008, and pre Orios investments include OlaCabs, Druva, Faballey, Box8, Unbxd and Jigsee.
- We are well known for trend spotting and our maxim is #BackingMisfits. Our strategy is to invest in selected companies and work closely with them. As a consequence, each investment lead works with no more than 4 to 6 companies at a time.
Orios is looking for an Associate / Sr. Associate Legal to join us in Mumbai. The role includes :
- Own fund offerings and allied documents including TD, PPM, IMA & CA.
- Identify and evaluate impact of ongoing regulatory changes related to SEBI AIF, RBI/ FEMA on fund offerings and allied documents and drafting necessary changes.
- Liaising with the regulatory bodies and legal consultants for Compliance, regulatory reporting and regulatory filings (Companies Act, LLP Act, Trust Act)
- Compliance support for investor communication
- Drafting, vetting, negotiating and finalizing various documents relating to investment transactions including TS, SSHA, SSA and SPA.
- Legal and compliance due diligence for portfolio entities
- Collaborating with various stakeholders, structuring and documenting all stages of the transaction.
- Drafting and vetting agreements with distributors, referral agents and service providers.
- Review any litigation matters and liaise with legal consultant, to handle the disputes
- Perform procedure for the Partner/Board Meeting, Committee Meeting and Shareholders Meeting.
Requirements, Attributes and Experience :
Qualification : Top pedigree academics, LLB + CS (Company Secretary) (preferred)
Experience : 7 to 10 years (2 to 3 years of experience with any VCF will be an advantage)
- Should possess sound knowledge of regulatory laws- SEBI AIF, RBI/ FEMA, Corporate, Securities laws, Contract Act, Arbitration, Stamp Duty, Intellectual Property, Data protection, etc.
- Proven skills to anticipate legal issues or risks. Effectively handles multiple projects or tasks at the same time. Is open to and responds flexibly to change
- Initiative and Self-motivation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills