Program Officer - India at Organic Cotton Accelerator
Views:1372 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Organic Cotton Accelerator - Textile Supply Chain Manager (7-12 yrs)
Do you have what it takes to help turn organic cotton into a prosperous sector that benefits all - from farmer to consumer? Are you proactive, highly-organized and solution-oriented with a strong background in supply chain sourcing and product management, preferably in textiles and apparel, and capable of quickly building effective relationships with a diverse group of supply chain partners in cotton?
Do you understand the reality, interests and language of farm groups, supply chain partners (traders, ginners and spinners) and brand and retailers in organic cotton and textiles and are excited to lead the development and implementation of the Organic Cotton Accelerator Supply Chain service?
Yes? Then we encourage you to apply for the position of Supply Chain Manager with the Organic Cotton Accelerator.
About the Organic Cotton Accelerator
The Organic Cotton Accelerator (OCA) is a multi-stakeholder initiative focused on creating a prosperous organic cotton sector from farmer to consumer. OCA unites and represents a large share of the industry voice and interest in the organic cotton sector via its partners (H&M, C&A, Inditex, Eileen Fisher, Tchibo, Kering, amongst others). As an accelerator, we promote best practices and transparency through the entire supply chain, to enhance the viability of organic cotton now and in the future.
Our programs focus on improving the business case for organic cotton farmers and the integrity of organic cotton at the source of the supply chain. We do so through coordinating brand-driven sourcing and farmer engagement projects, as well as investing in non-competitive solutions in the area of seeds, integrity and community. India, the world's largest organic cotton producer, is currently the focus country in these initial years.
About our supply chain program
Supply chain services are a sourcing management, supply chain linkage and mapping service provided to the Organic Cotton Accelerator Affiliate brands, retailers and suppliers. Its primary role is to link our brands- supply chain partners with farm groups that are nominated through our programs to ensure traceability, integrity, quality and supply (logistics) of organic cotton into all tiers of the supply chain.
Brand and Supplier Partnerships (30%)
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with sourcing and buying teams of brands, retailers and suppliers
- Anticipate the needs and manage the expectations of brands, suppliers and farm groups to understand and communicate relevant information and serve as a response problem-solver for all parties.
- Research and report on cotton industry trends, costing and production and compile bi-monthly news and sector information with OCA team and Marketing and Communications Manager.
Sourcing and Logistics Management (60%)
- Conduct and support brands with support value chain mapping exercise (via OCA: FIIS and other software) with the brands and retailers at start of season to understand supply chain, fibre source and required quality parameters of fibre and product.
- Support brands in developing a regional sourcing strategy to meet internal and external targets.
- Manage and support retailers and supplies sourcing team to ensure the nominated farm programs are linked and traceable from harvest, collection, cotton seed processing, in-country transportation and/or final export of finished lint cotton to appropriate suppliers.
Database management (10%)
- Research, identify and refer brands and retailers to existing and new credible supply chains
- Maintain CRM and Sourcing database of qualified suppliers, traders, agents and farm groups in India, China and other sourcing geographies in S. Asia.
- Track and maintain a database of volumes from all organic cotton projects across India and assess their ability to partner with brands and suppliers
- Degree in textile engineering with a special focus on cotton, natural fibres or equivalent
- 7-10+ years of relevant sourcing experience employed at or for multinational brands and retailers
- Extensive knowledge of fiber, yarn and fabric (knit and woven) technical and quality parameters
- In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement processes (sourcing, contracting, negotiation, lead times and logistics, etc.)
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions and in country laws and regulations, especially related to export trade, duties and taxes
- Highly customer-service focused, solution-oriented and negotiator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze merchandising, costing, supply chain finance documentation and data and have expertise in MS Word and Excel and working-knowledge of PLM software systems
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel (India, China, Europe, etc.) as needed.
- Highest degree of ethics and professional integrity
- Fluent in English and Hindi (written and spoken). Other languages are a plus.
- Report directly to Director - South Asia
- Ideally based in Gurgaon, India
- A full-time position with long-term growth perspective, starting with a 1-year contract
- The opportunity to realize significant sustainability impact
- The position to strengthen an organization which was set up to have positive impact at scale
- You will receive a competitive salary and package and be given the opportunity to develop and make the most out of your career.
- We believe that our people are our business, so along with the tools and support you need to get to where you want to go, we- ll make sure you thrive and have fun along the way.
- We are dedicated to creating a positive place where the best people want to work and are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your CV (2 pages max) and cover letter (1-page max) on our recruitment agency's website (https://arthancareers.com/job/supply-chain-manager). Interviews will take place in Feb 2019 via telephone and/or in Gurgaon. Preferred starting month: March 2019.
We look forward to meeting you!
OCA is an equal opportunities employer.
Organic Cotton Accelerator | HQ: Watersteeg 3, 1012 NW, Amsterdam, The Netherlands