Orange Health - Category Manager (4-7 yrs)
About Orange Health
Orange Health is an on-demand diagnostics service for Indian consumers that enables convenience, reliability and overall better healthcare outcomes. We are backed by high-quality investors like Accel, General Catalyst, Y Combinator, along with marquee healthcare and global investors.
The founders are Dhruv Gupta (Consumer tech entrepreneur with 2 successful exits) & Tarun Bhambra (Experienced corporate leader and VC investor) have 15+ years of combined healthcare experience and have together built a profitable health-tech business, serving 100m+ users. We have a team of experienced operations, product leaders, engineers, and healthcare professionals, who have built & scaled innovative platforms. The team hails from top institutes like IIT-KGP / Delhi/ Roorkee, BITS, Univ of Michigan, ISB, IIMs, IIIT, etc, with experience in leading startups and healthcare companies like Practo, Curefit, Unacademy, Licious, Ola, 91springboard, McKinsey, ITC, PwC, Apollo, Lal Pathlabs, Columbia Asia, Manipal, Metropolis, and more.
With our deep understanding of primary healthcare and its opportunities, we are building Orange Health to become the infrastructure of remote healthcare in India, starting with making diagnostics on-demand. Since our launch in 2020, Orange Health has grown fast to become a diagnostics leader in Bangalore by delivering a strong product experience. Currently rated 4.9/5 by consumers across Bangalore, and adopted by hundreds of doctors. We are expanding into different markets in India. Currently we are available across Bangalore and NCR. We are also expanding into different metro cities within 24 months.
The overall team is now 500+
If bringing new solutions to the world excites you, then you should join us
Orange Health is looking for an experienced Category Manager to launch and scale a large new category. You will be both an entrepreneur building a new category completely from scratch and an operator who would execute to grow and scale the category. You will define customer experience, partner with tech and ops to build the platform and create the product selection to deliver on this critical capability for customers. You will work in ambiguity, building and communicating a clear approach and ensuring that we are balancing customer needs, competitive landscape, and strategic priorities constantly.
This is a large category with a rapidly growing online share and there is significant room to innovate and solve key customer problems. As someone leading this, you will be expected to spike on the following abilities: 1) High ownership to plan and deliver on the business goal 2) Strong prioritization skills with the ability to balance customer experience with business priorities. 3) Skills to work across stakeholders and functions to communicate, convince and deliver for the goal, and 4) Ability to think big on a vision while being rooted in constant execution.
Some Of The Focus Areas Will Include
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product and category, customer behavior, and existing gaps in the market while monitoring new developments in the competitive landscape
- Build a selection strategy and plan to solve existing gaps for customers and seller strategy to execute on the selection plan
- Drive and communicate a clear launch plan, work with stakeholders across teams and deliver to the launch plan. Internal stakeholders, you will work with include product, tech, operations & sales teams.
- P&L optimization and planning - own business operational strategy including both financial and operational inputs/outputs, forecasting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Clear, effective communication to present customer backward view, decision points, or data-based arguments that enable delivering on the goal.
- Relentless program management to deliver on critical goals in a compressed timeframe
- Understanding of e-commerce business
- At least 6 years of work experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive partnerships, take initiatives and manage large, complex projects
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with a lot of detail
- Track record of working in a healthcare related business
- Top-tier Engg and/or MBA degree.