Freelance Consultant at WEN
Views:1194 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Operations & Technology Leader - General Insurance - CA (15-20 yrs)
Candidate Preference: CA preferred & MBA from Top B-School
- Partner with the Asia COO to build a world-class, centralized operations division for Asia; analyzing their current operating model, advising and selling the future structure to leadership
- Support the India CEO and Executive team as an advisor to all matters related to operations and technology
- The Head of O&T (Function/Geography) will lead the development and implementation of strategies critical to achieving operational excellence through the creation, communication, and execution of initiatives in a region or function with revenue exceeding>$150 million.
- Develop and operationalize India's business strategy and driving a best-in-class Operations & Technology organization, enabling the delivery of products and services to external clients. Build a long-term operating vision for operations and technology, including the development and management of targeted centers of excellence for operational effectiveness and IT.
- The role will be responsible to operationalize organizational objectives through the creation of management routines, reporting, and root cause analysis to identify opportunities and drive solutions critical to achieving company's business goals (e.g. revenue growth, client satisfaction and retention).
- Scope of role includes oversight of 300+ employees and contractors
1. Operational Support, Execution, & Strategic Initiative Delivery
- Create a client focused environment focused on operational excellence and accountability by developing and driving forward the strategic and operational agenda and drives portfolio rationalization to address business priorities.
- Develop and implement Operations-related initiatives to increase client delivery capabilities and maximize performance, revenue, profit and market share, and deliver products and services to the external clients.
- Design and implement capability models to provide optimal operations within core brokerage - distribution, placement, and post-placement - and portfolio businesses as well as related functions and client segments.
- Establish and monitor operating level expectations through established service levels agreements (SLA's) - service, cost, quality and other key performance indicators - and communicate to key stakeholders and report results.
- Ensure successful strategic initiative delivery - including M&A and transformation - and full value capture to optimize risk adjusted return on the project portfolio.
2. Operational Planning
- Leverage proven operational design principals to define the operations and technology strategy, optimize location footprint, and manage annual budget to support strategic intent and financial goals of the business.
- Develop and maintain business relationship to ensure full and consistent alignment with divisional, enterprise and MMCo strategy and standards
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and improve quality, quantify impact, prioritize initiatives, and develop execution plans
- Proactively monitor and assess industry, competitor, macro-economic, and regulatory trends to ensure operational capabilities optimally position the Firm to compete and respond to change
3. Information Technology Oversight & Coordination
- Oversee acquisition, installation, and maintenance of the full information technology application portfolio
- Evaluate discretionary IT spend requests, recommend disposition - approve, reject, defer - and make the case for funding approval by divisional or global governance
- Ensure a responsive IT control environment - including management and resolution of internal audit findings - is maintained and adequate disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place.
4. Organization Optimization, People Management & Communication
- Provide vision, leadership and strategic direction for this group, operating as a hands-on leader, ensuring the achievement of established goals
- Partner on all aspects of the organization's operations and technology to drive expense and inefficiency out of the business and assist leadership in identifying and maximizing opportunities in areas that may warrant reorganization or other change
- Employ leading operational efficiency best practices and tools
- Define optimal organizational structure and recruit, develop, manage, and motivate a high performing team - results driven, accountable and collaborative
- Ensure optimal resource allocation - demand and skill matching - and expense management aligned with strategic intent
- Communicate and explain the operations and technology strategy and provide periodic performance updates to divisional leadership and other key stakeholders
- Establish a culture of high performance and collaboration within the Asia O&T organization, focusing teams on operational excellence and efficiency.
- Attract, retain and develop best-in-class operations & technology talent. Remain proactively focused on leadership succession within the team.
II. Candidate Experience:
- Minimum 15 years of O&T experience, ideally serving the insurance industry
- Demonstrated results in leading organizational transformation projects - Exemplary thought leadership skills, able to build and lead large scale strategic initiatives
- Experience leading M&A post-acquisition integration for transactions between $10-250M
- Demonstrated capability of leveraging technology in operational arenas
- Demonstrated people and thought leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills
- Experience driving and supporting major growth initiatives
- Experience with project management methodologies and process optimization techniques
- Experience working with 3rd-party service providers - contracting, delivery, and ongoing support
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships with internal stakeholders throughout all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to present information to senior level audiences in simple, logical business terms
- Deep understanding of operational excellence with the ability to coach senior level staff to implement strategies and manage change
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrix and ambiguous environment
- Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt or above certification desired