Research Associate at SeenRecruit
Views:784 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:84
Operations Risk Management Assistant/Operations Risk Analyst (1-2 yrs)
Role: Operations Assistant - Risk
Work timing: 11 AM to 8 PM IST
Incumbent to possess the following competencies:
Team player - CULTURE is crucial
- Attention to detail & can communicate clearly and succinctly
- Coding abilities - Python/C++17/SQL would be an additional advantage
- Commercial and pragmatic approach to risk oversight across Hedge Funds, Equities, Fixed Income, Real estate, PE and VC
- Comfortable working in a setup of a small, dynamic, growing organisation that is continuously evolving
- Can spot and highlight risks within a portfolio/fund/strategy
- Risk process policy that it implements with managers that are hosted on its platform.
- These include highlighting risks and mitigating controls as well as ongoing risk and compliance monitoring. Some high-level risk oversight responsibilities include:
- Mandate checks (Post Trade Compliance All Reports/ Fails)
- Liquidity checks (Risk Attributes Report)
- Best execution (Best execution price)
- Disclosure Reporting (Disclosure Threshold Exceptions Report/Fails)
- Market Abuse Monitoring
- Aggregate Holding
- Short Selling
- Liquidity Checks
- Overall Portfolio View
In addition, the role will cover:
- Oversee Risk Management for the Fund of Funds Portfolio acting as the risk specialist on liquid products for new and existing Hedge Fund strategies.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of quantitative analytics to support the Global Ongoing Risk Monitoring Framework for existing investments for all
- Investment Strategies managed by the firm.
- Ensure that funds operate according to approved fund mandates and other risk guidelines as outlined in the Risk Management Manual on an ongoing basis.
Risk metric analysis:
- Market Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Credit Risk
- Regulatory Risk
- Analyse and interpret information and provide advice to management as requested.
- Handling Regulatory Reporting as per the guidelines of FCA & SEC
- Managing connections and interactions with Brokers, fund administrators & external stakeholders.
- Handling projects for Analytics & Technology improvement.
Educational Qualifications: MBA - Finance is a MUST
Additional Qualification but not mandatory - CFA or FRM
Preferred Work Experience:
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- Bloomberg experience preferred
- Strong financial risk analyst background
- Strong excel and numerical/data analysis skills
- Experience in the Hedge Fund/PE/Real Estate/UCITS space and experience in the NAV process
- Understanding of the UK Financial Conduct Authorities (FCA) view on risk