CEO at HeadPro Consulting
Views:2510 Applications:634 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:578
Operations Leader - Warehouse/Logistics - eCommerce (15-22 yrs)
Lead End to End distribution & Logistics operations for $50 M business in India with a team of ~5 direct supply chain professionals along with teams. Develop distribution & Logistics Strategies, Organization and Infrastructure to support double digit business growth. E-Commerce will be one of the key drivers for growth.
Ecommerce experience is HIGHLY DESIRABLE
Major Responsibilities :
- Lead End to End operation of complete Inbound, Outbound transportation and Distribution Center Operations to delight customers in most efficient & effective way.
- Responsible for running company owned warehouse and driving improvement projects to reduce costs and improve customer service. Experience in Managing service providers / 3PLs.
- Drive best in class e-Commerce Distribution strategies and their execution.
- Implement lean design, new solutions, benchmark with latest industry practices, challenge the status quo.
- Design the best in class infrastructural system in the DC to have smooth flow & error proof transactions.
- Deliver on KPIs Customer Service Levels (fill rates), Inventory Quality & Accuracy, Costs/Productivity and EHS & standard Distribution Center KPIs (3PL, transporters, vendors, etc.) and Returns process & Reverse logistics.
- Compliance is non-negotiable. Ensure that logistics processes are in accordance with local and Global compliance. Maintain relationship with relevant local authorities and ensure compliance on SEZ, Licenses and other regulatory processes. Identify and manage risks, develop mitigation plans and execute on them.
- Manage the Distribution & logistics expenses, focus on logistics effectiveness. Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders etc.
- Drive digitization by maximizing usage of SAP, Digital tools, eOrders and various IT systems to improve day to day transactional quality, efficiency and customer service.
- Adhere to Global standard processes, metrics and translate best practices. Identify and implement process improvements through Lean Six Sigma or other tools.
- Develop high performing team to support long term business needs. Manage performance and development of logistics team members. Conduct effective performance reviews including objective setting, coaching and feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Logistics and Supply Chain or a related field. MBA or Post-graduate preferred. Must have Experience of leading a team of logistics professionals.
- ~15 years of total experience in a related field preferably in tools/non-food FMCG industry in MNC or reputed local organizations or with Logistics companies of which at least 5 years should be in leadership role.
- In-depth Knowledge of logistics systems, running warehousing operations, Customs Clearance, Inventory management, order fulfillment, transportation (costs, delivery times), customer service, regulations in importation and distribution and integrated supply chain management.
- Strong written/oral communication, planning and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to connect functional execution to business strategy, Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Good business sense, strong analytical skills as well as attention to detail/quality and multi projects management experience. Self-motivated, results oriented with focus on continuous improvement.
- Should be able to influence & collaborate with various global seniors, peers & various team to drive productivity, KPIs and objectives.
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Demonstrated capability to successfully partner with peers and senior business leaders. Experienced in change management. Should have worked in Global, matrix & MNC environment
- English, - fluent verbal and written. Strong PC skills required (MS Office, especially Excel and MS Project), Presentation skills.
- Experience of working with SAP and other supply chain digital platforms will be preferred.
- Flexibility in attending conference calls outside working hrs. Travel up to 5-20% of work time under normal conditions.
- Generic Competencies at high level of proficiency: Customer Focus, Business Acumen, Process improvement mindset, Agility & Speed, Decision Making, Drive for Results, Building Partnerships
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.